Thread: Images are corrupted when dowlnoading from Canon EOS 7D

Images are corrupted when dowlnoading from Canon EOS 7D

I have connected my Cannon printer with my imac , I am having some issues with it , I am not able to download images from my Canon EOS 7D camera. The images come into view as corrupted on my hard drive. This does not occur more often . A few images get corrupted, but could come out and I can view them properly when trying at second occasion. The errors occur in EOS Utility or in iPhoto: similar (bad) effect. What you think can be the reason for the corruption of this image , I am in a bit of dilemma , please resolve the issue for me .

Re: Images are corrupted when dowlnoading from Canon EOS 7D

What you can do is you can repeat downloading on a Windows machine I too had done the same thing , but this you are advised to do separately and in a Ubuntu environment , (you can do this with the help of a virtual machine Virtual Machine on your mac). In both cases, I had no problem. Canon had stated that the problem resided my system , so similarly it would have stayed in your iMac. The dealer of my camera mentioned that if they see those problems, it usually relates to bad connections or a poor USB cable. I also tried several USB ports and cables, but could not solve the issue that way. ,

I had to was going through this issue a few times and discovered it falls in to a few buckets, just only some things to consider if the images show up all right in the camera but not at what time you copy them out.

• The format (edition of RAW in my issue I was using with Aperture.
    • The reader of the image .
    • The drive in which you are copying .
    • and in last but most important The connection.

Format: when I first obtained the 7d I wanted to make use of the RAW.2 edition. The .CR2 file format (Canon RAW edition 2) is a digital photography RAW format formed by Canon. "RAW" here implies that this file saves information straight coming from the sensor, nearly without processing. This file would detect corrupt every time I made any attempt to open in Aperture, or IPhoto on my Power-Mac

I will say something about the reader , I used to use a USB reader which was very well for the 10D but with the 7D and the 5D the files are a lot larger in RAW .So, I would try to use a (high speed) USB card reader - my SDHC cards in fact came with a reader. I never connect my Canon simply to save the batteries and it is a lot easier dealing with a little card reader.And, you can either posses an app import/open the images or just have the icon appear on your desktop so you can make a decision what to do with the pics.

I really thank for all your replies you have given The files get there on my drive corrupted and cannot be used , also in the canon application . Iphoto does not work appropriately also. They open, but display strange lines or squares. I think it is related to do with the communication among my mac and the 7D, but no idea what the issue is. The weird thing is that I would wait for some checks in the transfer of the files in Mac OS through the USB protocol, but actually, this is not there.What I am going to do now is using VMware fusion to run a windows environment and move the pictures to my mac later on (drag and drop). This is not issuing any sort of problems and is so far simple enough.