Thread: Compile source For Non Free Codecs For Music In Nokia N900

Compile source For Non Free Codecs For Music In Nokia N900

I have just started using the Meego operating system in the phone of the Nokia N900, and also it is that I was planning to get some of the codec for the playing of the files of the songs that I can play it in the mp3 and divx/xvid but the main problem is that I am not able to play the files that is of h264. I am just confused that what kind of the software can be used for the issues that are being faced by me. And also it is that you can just see the various codes that is given below that can be enabled for the compiling of the various files for gstreamer or for the VLC. Check out the below given code that is being shown to me.
    Code:
    # Yum install gcc make flex bison totem diffutils glib2-devel pango-devel cairo-devel wget liboil-devel alsa-lib-devel libtheora-

development-development libogg libvorbis-devel gcc-c + + qt fribidi * * * * dbus SDL development *- dev * hal Development * * * * 

* libXt libXaw libXpm libXScrnSaver.i586 pulseaudio-moz-devel.i586 devel.i586 gstreamer.i586 totem.i586 sudo totem-totem-pl-parser.i586 dbus-devel gcc-c + + libgcrypt libgcrypt development.
    Please help me with this issue for the playing of the music files in the system.

Re: Compile source For Non Free Codecs For Music In Nokia N900

Just follow the below given code and see that whether it is working for you or not:
    Code:
    yum install bison flex gcc make diffutils glib2-devel pango-devel cairo-devel wget liboil-devel alsa-lib-devel libtheora-development-development libogg libvorbis-devel gcc-c + + development fribidi QT * * * * * * SDL dev * * * * dev dbus hal * * * * moz libXt libXpm
    And after that you can just make the use of the code that is used for the set-up of the library files in the system and also required for the installation of it:
    Code:
    cd ~/Download
    wget from the download source
    tar xvfz libmad-0.15.1b.tar.gz
    cd libmad-0.15.1b
    echo "\tremoving optimize="\$optimize -fforce-mem" option"
    sed -e 's/optimize="$optimize -fforce-mem"/#optimize="$optimize -fforce-mem"/g' ./configure > new
    mv ./configure ./configure.org;mv new ./configure
    diff ./configure.org ./configure
    chmod 777 ./configure
    ./configure -prefix=/usr && make && make install
    See that whether the above file is working for you or not.

After that you should install the set-up of the ffmpeg which can be used for the playing of the various files in it you just have to copy paste the below given code for that:
    Code:
    cd ~/Download
    wget download it from the site of ffmpeg
    tar xvfj ffmpeg-export-snapshot.tarbz2
    mkdir ffmpeg-export-snapshot
    tar xvfj ffmpeg-export-snapshot.tar.bz2 -C ./ffmpeg-export-snapshot
    cd ffmpeg-export-snapshot/*
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-shared --enable-ffplay
    make
    sudo make install
    See that whether it is working for you or not.

And for the installation of the files of the libmpeg2 you have to either download the code or you can just copy paste the below given code for it:

Code:
    cd ~/Download
    wget download it from the libmpeg2 site. 
    tar xvfz libmpeg2-0.5.1.tar.gz
    cd libmpeg2-0.5.1
    Similarly for the VLC you have to check the code that is being given below or just cpy paste it:

Code:
    cd ~/Download
    wget videolan site
    tar xvfj vlc-1.0.3.tar.bz2
    cd vlc-1.0.3
    See that whether it is working for you or not. And see that whether the same file is working fine with it or not.

After that you can just make the use of the clean up file and then just see that whether it is working for you or not. Just simply run the code that is being given below and then see that whether it is working for you or not:
    Code:
    cd ~/Download
    rm -rf vlc*  lib* *mpeg* a52*
    You can just check out for the files of the mpeg and also the various other files that is being required for the playing of the various other music files in it.
    See that when you are running the above code and see that whether out is working for you or not because it is that some of the phones are not supporting the features of the code that is being given above.