Thread: how to use Nokia x2 as a modem

how to use Nokia x2 as a modem

I’ve recently taken a new nokia X2 mobile phone. it works good, I’m quite happy with my phone. I’ve also activated a GPRS connection in my mobile phone and I use my internet daily. the only problem is that I want to use my mobile as a modem to my computer but I don’t know is it possible for me to do this ?. please give me your suggestion on this, I’m new on this. if it is possible then give me a procedure step by step. Give some advice to use my mobile internet in my computer. Please help me.

Re: how to use Nokia x2 as a modem

Yes, you can do this. using your mobile as a modem to your computer is very easy you just have to install a pc suite in your computer and connect your mobile phone to pc after connecting you need a setting for your computer and after that you can easily use internet in your mobile. But you’ll get a slow speed in your pc,. Because mobile speed is slow as compare to broadband internet which we use in computer. When you use internet in computer you’ll feel the speed is very low but that speed is according to your mobile so don’t worry.

You have to follow some steps to use mobile as a modem to your computer:
    - Install a pc suite software in your computer
    - After installing, connect your mobile to computer via data cable wire
    - After connecting it will detect your mobile phone and you can see your phone on computer
    - Now you’ll need a setting from your network provider to use your mobile internet in pc
    - After getting that setting you have to apply the instruction and you can use internet then

First you have to ensure that you’ve activated GPRS connection in your mobile. I know you have activated it, but can’t use internet in computer if you’ve not activated a GPRS connection. You have to install a software cd (which came with your mobile handset) in your computer. After doing that you have to connect your mobile handset in your computer through a data cable wire. After that you have to call a customer care no. of your network provider and ask them for a setting to connect your mobile to pc. Remember this is different setting from GPRS, don’t get confused. Follow the instruction in the setting and you can use your mobile internet after that.