Thread: Deletion of email from iphone 4 subsequently deletes the mail from mail server

Deletion of email from iphone 4 subsequently deletes the mail from mail server

I was owning a BlackBerry storm first then I bought iphone 4 , I just changed to an IPhone 4 from a Blackberry Storm. I observe that any attempt of deletion an email from my IPhone smart phone it deletes the email from my mail server as well . My older phone had the ability to delete the mail from the phone but leave the mail on the server. Can this be accomplished on the I Phone 4? If so can you tell me any means how it can actually be done ??? Thanks for the Help.

Re: Deletion of email from iphone 4 subsequently deletes the mail from mail server

Quite dissimilar from a Blackberry, the iPhone's Mail app communicates straight with the inbound mail server with an email account no dissimilar from accessing an email account with an email user on your system. If an Exchange or IMAP account, every server saved mailboxes are reserved synchronized with the server with every email client used to have a control the account. If a message is deleted from the server with single email client, the message will no longer be obtainable to access with one more email client.

Re: Deletion of email from iphone 4 subsequently deletes the mail from mail server

You can do this successfully delete from the iPhone without removing off the server.I will ask you tog Go into Settings , then after go into your Mail and then your email account. Scroll down and press Advanced., once you have pressed advanced you can Press the Remove from Server button and choose Never.After you accomplish that, at what time you delete an email from the iPhone, it will still be on the server for recovery from another client.

There is no means around standards with any email account kind - not when accessing the account through an email client that is not directed through a dedicated email deliverance service that is situated in Canada, not except Apple determined to deploy a dedicated email delivery service same as to what RIM renders and is necessary with a Blackberry along with charging a license use cost for businesses to make use of it and as a obligation for employees to access a company Exchange account by means of their iPhone.