Thread: My iphone receives mail on the server instead of the mail account ?

My iphone receives mail on the server instead of the mail account ?

I just purchased the iPhone on Verizon and got the whole thing configured yesterday evening. I posses a .mac mail account and as set it to automatically. My email is being set to "Push" and I for a while considered that will mean that I would receive the email on my smartphone soon , but nothing like that happened , then after a while it was received on the server. The only means to access my mail when I open the mail app on the smartphone. Any suggestions as to why this is happening and what can be done to make it proper ?

Re: My iphone receives mail on the server instead of the mail account ?

I am having the same issue. I obtain NO notification that I have received an email. There is No red icon/badge, neither sound, no vibration. Like you, I have to open the mail app to verify for new email.I bought an iPod touch as well (with the identical settings as the phone) and it works well and good The problem appears to be confined to email; I am informed or alerted when a text message arrives.Verizon was not able to give any assistance . Apple Tech support made me to the settings, but that did not work either. You can try out this both step and see if that works for you .

I have got a same problem here. Got verizon iphone one week ago ago, configured google apps email with exchange (presumed to be push), it worked well for about one hour and currently the emails do not come in (it consumes ), even when you verify manually emails still do not arrive to the iphone. The emails are are there in my account on my computer but do not seem to appear in my verizon iphone. I just synced my iphone with the operating system and got my issue fixed right away .

I also have the same problem. I just purchased my verizon iPhone 4 2 days back . I make use of google apps business to host my email. Exchange setup is not able to push mail to the smartphone and the manual will not be of any use either. At some case mail does come down but in the majority cases its getting delayed by hours . I also posses another business exchange account configured not with google and push mail is working good. I get new mail in seconds. The Exchange push issue must be with just google in my case.

Google Sync is simply supported on iPhone OS editions 3.0 and above. You can verify your existing edition by going to Settings > General > About > Version. At any case if you wish to to upgrade, there are the instructions mentioned in the Appleā€™s support website , you can follow follow those and get your work done and do not forget to upgrade to iPhone OS 3.0 ahead of setting up Google Sync.