Thread: Windows xp does not recognize Airport extreme ?

Windows xp does not recognize Airport extreme ?

I have an AirPort Extreme which is connected to and being set on an iMac. I wish to establish a connection between my older Windows XP computer to the AirPort wirelessly via a Microsoft MN-710 wireless USB adapter but there is where I am getting the issue , this Windows XP computer is not recognizing the Airport express at all. So what can be the possible reason for the issue . The comic thing is that the Windows XP computer is successfully detecting my neighbors' networks but not the AirPort network. Let me tell you that , all computers and the AirPort are in the one room only same room.

Re: Windows xp does not recognize Airport extreme ?

Well if you ask my suggestion then I will say that there is configuration error of Double NAT. You are supposed to configure the AirPort Extreme in Bridge Mode to keep away from the Double NAT network error. This sort of error causes address errors and IP address clashes on the network. What you can do is you can Click the Internet icon and set Connection Sharing as off , that is bridge mode .

In the "Wireless" tab beneath "Wireless Network Options", make it certain that "Create a Closed Network" is not been checked , first of all check for that thing. If it is checked, your network's SSID will not be explicitly broadcasted which might be why you do not find it With Windows, connection problems often occur since the Windows Firewall and/or anti-virus software obstructs the connection. Verify both applications to notice if there is a method to "allow" the connection to take place.

I will ask you to open Open Airport Utility – then you can choose Manual Setup , Click the Wireless tab that you will find just underneath the row of icons , for the time being, set Security as None and Update the Extreme , Now observe See if the system can see and connect to the wireless.
    If still the connection is not there , check can other computers get in the connectivity see and connect to the Extreme network?