Thread: How to format phone memory of Nokia 5800

How to format phone memory of Nokia 5800

Hello everyone, I have Nokia 5800 from around 3 months and i want to reset this phone to factory settings as i feel it has become a bit slow. I did restore the factory settings but i still think its a bit slow. Any way to format the phone memory of Nokia 5800? Please help me. I tried by formatting the memory card, deleting some content to free memory on the memory card and emptied the phone memory but still it feels a bit slow. How can i make my phone a bit faster?

Re: How to format phone memory of Nokia 5800

Restoring factory reset should generally do the trick. But first its better to check if you have some buggy applications installed or not. If there are any beta version softwares installed remove them. Try to keep the phone memory as much free as possible, But if these steps doesn't help only then you should reset the phone to factory defaults as you loose everything. Also make sure you have backup of your contacts and other stuffs. But what exactly is your issue? Does it have a delayed effect? Also check if there are no startup application or many applications running in the background. These too can affect the performance of a phone. As 5800 is a symbian phone, it may be possible that it has been infected with virus. Check it with some free antivirus which you can download from the ovi store.

To format the phone memory first make sure you have taken backup of your applications, messages, contacts, cause these data will be wiped away from your phone. Now switch off your phone and once it is switched off, press and hold these keys together : Red + Camera key + Green and now switch on your phone. Keep these keys pressed till you see the hand shake logo of nokia. Once it appears leave all the keys and it will tell you if you want to format your phone and your data will be wiped. Now select yes to continue. Now when this process finishes, you will get the phone full cleared as it will be as good as new.

All the symbain devices can be formatted with a code. I don't know if that works with touchscreen phones or not, but still you can try it. Open phone dialer and just type *#7370# as soon as you type the last hash (#) it will accept it and start formatting the phone. Now this code doesn't work for s40 series and it works for only s60 phone as far as i know. But you can try if this works for you or not. Also if this code doesn't work you can try the above key combination to format your phone, that will work as its for nokia 5800. Hope this is useful.