Thread: Blackberry curve charger port broken

Blackberry curve charger port broken

Friends, I am having the Blackberry curve and my problem is that the charger for this phone is broken. There should be total five gold metal pieces in the charger port but in my case, there are only four. Now I am not able charge my phone and so cannot use it too. Can you tell me any way by which I will be able to make that functional again? Now I am stuck with that and don’t know that what should I do for that. Please tell me some suggestion for this other than buying a new phone. I know that is the last option that I can do. Please reply as early as possible. I need quick replies on this.

Re: Blackberry curve charger port broken

I don’t know that is that can be repaired or not but if you want to charge the battery then there is one alternate way to do that. You will just have to turn off your phone and remove the battery from the phone. If you ask in the market then you will get a charger that can charge the battery directly without inserting that in the phone. So just take that charger and then connect your battery with that and I am sure that this will charge the battery for you. There is only one fault in using such charger and that is, you will have to remove the battery every time and keep the phone switched off. If you also don’t want to do that then you can buy one more charger and use one when other is charging. I hope that this will help you.

You are not the only person who is facing this problem. There are many other users with the same issue and I was also one of them. But to fix this problem, I directly replaced the blackberry broken charge ports and they charge me $38.95 for that. Don’t try to make that repair because if you do that then there are more chances that it will be faulted again. So go to any mobile repairing shop and ask them to to the same and I am sure that they will do it and you will be out of the problem.

Other than dong some major operation on your phone and wasting money for that, you can simply so to some local electronics repair place and they will make a small solder to that and that will do the thing for you. I know that some people feel that it is dangerous but I have seen many people who did the same and the problem resolved for him. I hope that this will do the same for you also.

I think that instead of doing all this where you are having risk, why don’t you call the blackberry support directly and see what they can help you. You can also visit the BlackBerry service center and ask them about the problem. I am sure that they will solve the issue for you. You can be charged for it also but the solution worth it. According to me, this will be the best option for you to solve the issue but again the choice is yours and you can do what you feel right.