Thread: Samsung Galaxy 551 with sliding QWERTY keyboard

Samsung Galaxy 551 with sliding QWERTY keyboard

Here my intense for this thread is only to know something about this mobile phone. I require some basic information regarding this cell phone. Current price in India, it’s using, features or anything which help me to know about this very well. In look wise this is great but what about the functioning. Is this well functioned or is there any issues regarding this cell phone or any other complaints about this? Please if anyone uses or anyone have any idea about this cell phones than surely aware me with this.

Re: Samsung Galaxy 551 with sliding QWERTY keyboard

Samsung Galaxy 551 which was first exposed at the IFA has got the official presentation. The phone sprints on Android 2.2 operating system and features a physical sliding QWERTY keyboard for commerce users and social network consumers. Samsung has primed a novel associate for its Galaxy line of Android powered Smartphone’s. And when this is no Galaxy S, it at a standstill is a solid contender. Convene the Samsung Galaxy 551, or else known by its model number i5510. This is a midrange Android piece with a side-sliding complete QWERTY keyboard and not devoid of its inadequacies.

I have some key features:
    1. Android with Samsung’s TouchWiz 3 UI layer
    2. 160 MB internal memory
    3. 667 MHz processor
    4. microSD card slot
    5. 3 megapixel camera
    6. FM radio, 3.5 mm jack
    7. DivX playback support
    8. 3.2-inch 240×400 Touchscreen
    9. 1200 mAh battery
    10. HSDPA 7.2 Mbps, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth, GPS

Not an awful spec list by any extends of the mind's eye, but not anything chiefly innovative either. As well, two weak spots right away shine through. 160 MB for storing applications is ludicrous at the present. Given that you possibly won’t notice all of those obtainable for application installs anyhow. Yes, Android 2.2 Froyo does permit you to shift applications to the SD card, but every application has to have this feature facilitated (the majority at a standstill don’t), and having applications on the SD card means that you cannot utilize those applications when the phone is connected through USB.

This Phone is just remarkable, got it for approximately 12000 INR, can’t get my hands off it, adore the hardware keyboard, in grave practice the battery dies in 1 and half day, that is the just problem, otherwise the device is amazing, does not lag and later than rooting it I have as well installed live wallpapers and additional material, I would have liked a 1 GHZ processor, but the 667 MHZ has not exposed any problems been utilizing it for in excess of a week now and you can’t visualize the number of applications I have setup, completely no lag. Have as well utilized the LG Optimus one and both these mechanisms are on equality with each other. Therefore if you wish for a device which is excellent in performance, not too tough on your pocket and has a hardware keyboard set foot in for it. I am certain you won’t regret it.

Galaxy 551 looks to be excellent but the battery looks to be extremely terrible, cannot take the force of load for above a day. As well, the trouble of the software sync without seems calendar. One has to go via google for sync that is shocking. Except for that, you cannot download two dissimilar schedules, calendars from dissimilar PST. Kies is just dreadful in connectivity, the software CDs given but with no any appropriate directions in the box. Samsung just for marketing it seems and doesn’t emerge for service/output.