Thread: How to get rid of "emergency call" button in Blackberry Curve

How to get rid of "emergency call" button in Blackberry Curve

Hi all, I am having the Blackberry Curve and having some problem with that. My problem is that even when my phone is locked then I am able to see an emergency call option in it. Many of the times I made the accidental emergency calls. Therefore, I want to remove this option from my phone. Can you please tell me that how can I remove this option from my phone. I have tried to do that but not found any option that can help me to remove this option. If any of you is having any idea that how can this be performed then please let me know that. Thank you for your replies in advance.

Re: How to get rid of "emergency call" button in Blackberry Curve

There is one software called Emergency Call Lock that can help you lock the Emergency Call option from your phone. If you want to get that app then you can click here and this will let you to the page from where you will be able to download it. I am also using that I know that this is going to help you. If you want to deactivate the lock then you will have to select the menu and from there choose E-Lock and this will deactivate that. If you again want to activate that then go to the same menu again and select activate E-Lock. If this is activated and you accidently made the emergency call then this app will hang up that call. Thank you.

OK, you can try to use the above mentioned app and see if that is able to help you or not. If that helps you then it’s very good for all the blackberry users but other than this, I don’t think that there is any way by which you will be able to do that. There is no option in the phone to do that because I have checked that and not found any. So all you have to do is just make the habit to lock your phone and also press the mute button earlier to put that in your case. This is the only possible way according to me to do that.

There are innumerable threads regarding this subject but the difficulty is that everybody is trying to take out the characteristic. Since RIM (or some cellphone company) has to contain that emergency choice why don't we only depart it but discover a method to modify the emergency number which is programmed within the phone? I am tired of this state stuff. If I desire to lock my blackberry as well as place it within my pocket devoid of by chance calling and taking up time of police, I should be capable to perform so. So, how do we modify programming so that in place of the phone's emergency number being 911, contain it exist * or # or whatsoever sequence of numbers. This means, RIM has completed what they want to perform (that is giving the phone with emergency selection) and since we are not compulsory to have this choice on our phones once we possess it, let’s modify it.

Thank you very much for such a speedy replies for this. I have downloaded the Emergency Call Lock as suggested above and installed that into my computer and that resolved the difficulty for me. Now I am out of the problem of the emergency calls. So I would wish to advise the entire other users who are as well searching for the same to download it within your mobile and that will also assist you to solve the problem. Once again thank you for your replies.