Thread: Nokia N8 Volume Keys not working?

Nokia N8 Volume Keys not working?

The volume keys which are located on the right side of the Nokia N8 are not working on my phone. Which will not let you to adjust the volume while i play Angry Bird Lite. Furthermore, the only way the ringer volume can be adjusted is by accessing the phone configuration and use the touch screen. However, the volume keys seem to work in camera mode to adjust the zoom. The hardware is not having any working problem, if it was then it won't work with zoom in camera too. Any help with it?

re: Nokia N8 Volume Keys not working?

It is a possibility that the volume of angry birds or any other game when changes, it takes effect after some time. This may be due to very less free memory available on your nokia N8. Are you experiencing the volume that you change lags? if you just dont want the sound, you can mute the volume in the game just press the volume button down many times and it will probably work. Also please note that you can not change the volume unless there is some music coming from N8. That is music player running in background or so.

Well, there are a lot of best free games for nokia N8 like galaxy on fire, real golf 2011 HD, extreme roller coaster, angry birds lite, need of speed shift HD. I would recommend you to check your volume key is functioning with these game too. There are many other games in high definition but not all games are free, so you can test if it works else you could have a faulty phone. If your phone is faulty, you can get it replaced if it is under warranty. Well from what i know is, angry birds is a resource hungry game. Not only on N8 and other symbian devices, but on android phones and maemo phones too it is a bit laggy sometimes. Hope this is useful.

My nokia n8 volume key that is on the right hand side of the phone is somewhat loose. It literally feels like it will come out in a minute or so. This problem is since the beginning. When I purchased this phone, i thought it became loose cause i accidentally dropped it once. Is it meant to be like this? Or it should be rigid like any other phone? It clings loose and as it is loose when i use it i have to apply a little more pressure then any other key, like for camera. Does this problem is for you too? Or its just me? Am i having a defective phone?

Android operating system for mobile phone has been around since mid 2008. From this you can say that it has been more than two years now. Symbian ^3, on the other hand has been around for just above 4 months or so. The phone manufacturer's and developers which took upon integrating Android operating system in their phones, have already faced the shortcomings and bugs which have been eliminated with updates. In my opinion you must not compare the Android OS with the symbian ^3 OS platform as its still new and ought to be buggy. So dont consider the OS at fault, instead wait for some updates which might have some bug fixes.

I know that there have been a lot of development on new features and that has been done in the operating system just great, but then, There are so many bugs in this symbian OS that makes the overall performance poor. And as far as I know Nokia is using Symbian as its OS since the old ages and android just came a few years ago. But still Android has been wonderful. I am hoping that update the firmware will next receive, fixes major bugs. Symbian should concentrate on bug fixes too rather then focusing on adding new features only.