Thread: Locking and unlocking of keypad not working properly in Nokia C7

Locking and unlocking of keypad not working properly in Nokia C7

I am having some problem in my Nokia C7 phone. As you know this phone is using a key or slider to lock and unlock the phone or screen along with keys. But in my case this phone is behaving differently. I don’t know whether this is normal or not. When I use the slider to on the screen it just lights up and again goes back to the lock mode. However when the phone is not locked and trying to lock it the slider does not do it at all. It is not always happen. It is just the “sometime” issue. I hope that you have got it.

Re: Locking and unlocking of keypad not working properly in Nokia C7

I think that it is just the response issue of the slider other than this there is nothing to worry about. There are lots of other options to lock or unlock the phone. You can use the side button also if the touch screen didn’t response to you sometime. Otherwise you can make use of automatic lock option. It will be much helpful. If this issue is causing you much then you need to contact the local mobile repair point.

Unfortunately it seems to me that the issue you are getting due to the fault or wrong combination of hardware and software in your mobile. If the software version if doesn’t much compatible with mobile’s hardware then this kind of issue will occur without any reason to find about. You need to once update your mobile software version using Nokia software downloader. May be it will resolve something. If you can get the update from that way, try to get it from the OVI suite. Most of Nokia users update their software using this suite.

I think that you should contact the nearest Nokia care center because these kinds of issues are either related to the software bug or the failure of some hardware component of the mobile. You cannot resolve it by yourself without knowing about it. Now it may be occurring frequently but it in future it may cause for the permanent lock though you will not able to unlock the phone. Do not apply any third party themes rather than predefined one.

There are some kinds of apps in Nokia ovi store which will let you to lock and unlock the phone in different manner. If you cannot able to solve this problem in any manner then you need to get one of these apps. If there are no such apps available for your C7 then you need to use other method like phone lock code or security code. By applying this you can easily unlock the phone if the slider doesn’t works. Otherwise just disable the slider if you have any option there.