Thread: Unable to apply themes in Nokia C1

Unable to apply themes in Nokia C1

I have a Nokia C1-01 in which there is an option to apply the themes of whichever choice. Other than inbuilt themes I have some other themes which I got from my friend. When I try to apply those the mobile shows an error message telling that the file corrupted. But when I try to apply same themes on other mobiles they will apply properly. I have tried by many ways but none of them going to apply at all. Please help me with this.

Re: Unable to apply themes in Nokia C1

I think that the Nokia C1-01 mobile should accept the third party themes which are specifically created for Nokia mobiles. Because most of the Nokia mobiles accept any third party themes no matter how you get. I mean whether the theme downloaded or transferred from other resources. It doesn’t bother about that. If it is not going to accept means the phone doesn’t have that option or capability. It may be possible that the Nokia has taken back this feature from this series of phone.

As far as I know the C1-01 as well as C1-02 phones from Nokia support only predefined or pre-included themes. The themes which you can see in the theme folder of the phone can only be used and applied. The phone doesn’t going to support any third party or downloaded theme from any website. So be careful before applying such themes. They may cause your phone’s functionality otherwise malfunctions the software or firmware. The Nokia phone’s shows the corrupted file as broken label or file image. You will easily notice such files either in the memory card or in the phone’s memory.

You need to download the themes only from the Nokia ovi store. You will get there only supported themes for your model of phone. If there is no themes to download for C1-01 then assume that you cannot use any further. It means the phone will not support. Also don’t try to download themes from any third party sites or other resources. I have seen that nowadays nokia mobile will not apply any themes from the memory card. It just shows error message otherwise ignores it simply. But some version of software supports Nokia phone. So you need to try by upgrading your mobile.

If you cannot able to apply themes directly from the memory card of C1-01 then you can try other steps. Just copy or move the theme which you want to apply then try it. If it didn’t work then rename the same copied theme file as the pre-included one but in the different folder (not THEMES) of mobile. Now I think that you can apply. If still the problem exists then find a menu or option called File manager if it present in your mobile. Try from there. If all this things didn’t help then I assume that you will no longer capable to do that.

From your phone go to setting-phone-phone update-download software, the phone will ask install now or later choose your choice after successfull installasion you can use any .nth on your nokia c1-01 I have done it and it's working