Thread: Can't send SMS in Nokia C7 but can receive.

Can't send SMS in Nokia C7 but can receive.

Recently my father bought me a new mobile phone called Nokia C7. I was previously familiar with most of the Nokia phones and knew several useful features. So this phone makes me much user friendly than the previous ones. The other thing is this mobile got the most up-to-date version of software. But when I tried to send a message from it, it just jumps to outbox asking me that resend it. I tried to resend it from outbox but the message won’t send at all instead it keep asking me RESEND. I can receive messages from anyone but unable to send. I have checked my SIM in other mobile. It was fine then what could b the issue in new phone?

Re: Can't send SMS in Nokia C7 but can receive.

You are telling that you have checked your SIM in other mobile. So it is neither the issue about the SIM nor the network operator. So it is about the mobile only. You might have heard about the message center number in every mobile. This center number needs to be correct in order to send messages from your mobile. If it is not correct then you can’t send any time of message. You need to check this center number because someone might have edited. To know about your message center number, call the customer care and give details about you. They will offer the right center number. I hope that you know how to add it in your mobile.

First of all make sure that you are getting proper network in your area. If you can’t get proper network coverage then also you cannot send messages. If the mobile network antenna get failed or malfunctioned then this issue may occurs. What kind of message you tried to send? For MMS messages you need to get the settings from Network operator. For short messages you don’t need to do anything. Make sure that you have the sufficient balance in your account. Also make sure that you are not sending any scripting like messages which cause several actions to mobile.

I think that you should contact the network operator customer care service center. They might have a solution for this issue. Other thing is activate any data plan for your mobile. If you already have one then it would be helpful. Create a new Email in C7 and try to send. Furthermore create a Short MMS and try to send it. If both are successfully going to send then assume that Nokia C7 is not involving in this issue. If you still have doubt about it then walk into the nearest Nokia care center and ask for help.

It seems to me that mobile software itself causing the problem. You can receive message but you can’t send it. Seems to be little strange. I have seen this kind of issues in some forums but none of them have the accurate solution. All were saying that either you need to hard reset your phone or update the firmware version. Other than this I didn’t get any solution. I think that you also do the same. But you can’t update the firmware because you already have the latest version of firmware. So try to hard reset the phone.

we have the same problem. (( i insert different sim on my c7 phone, but still, it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by aisha0001 View Post
    we have the same problem. (( i insert different sim on my c7 phone, but still, it doesn't work.
    Well, than last fix i can suggest you is the Firmware update. The cause why you are not able to send SMS may be due to some conflict in the mobile OS. By updating your firmware, it will surely get fixed.

the same problem encountered. thanks to my mood because im so irritated at C7 after my update to symbian anna. i am planning to sell this phone but..i was able to find out how to solve problem

go to phone settings.
    -->phone
    -->phone management
    -->factory settings
    -->delete data and restore.

it works for me.

although reboot takes so much time..
    patience is a virtue..
    you just wait dude.
    Last edited by kreden; 20-08-2011 at 10:27 PM.

hey Ryder Allen..have u got any solution for your Nokia c7 problem. bcz i have the same problem with my Nokia C7.