Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab softkeyboard not working properly

Samsung Galaxy Tab softkeyboard not working properly

Its just few weeks that I have purchased this new tablet pc that is the Samsung Galaxy Tab and I have started getting problems with the same. All was working fine until yesterday when I noticed that the external softkeyboard that has been provided with the Samsung galaxy Tab is not working properly. I mean that what ever I am typing nothing is going on to the screen. I have checked all the settings that are there for this keyboard and couldn’t find any such problem at all. I would want to use the service of the keyboard as fast as possible because I would want it to complete some project that I have left pending on it. So can some one suggest what could be the possibility of the problem and how can I solve it.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab softkeyboard not working properly

Hey have you checked out whether the other keyboards that is the swype and Gingerbread keyboards that are present inside the phone and can be used directly to type any mail or message. This kind of keyboard are also very important and that if they are also not working properly then I guess that there could be some problem in the tablet pc keyboard files that are installed. You will have to look for the keyboard drivers that are required to make the keyboard run smoothly be it a virtual keyboard or a on board keyboard. So it all depends on what kind of problem that you are facing.

Have you checked out the keyboard that has been provided to you when you had brought the Samsung galaxy Tab with connecting it with some other device to make sure that it is working properly. It could be possible that the keyboard is itself at fault and that is why you are not able to get any letter visible on the screen. If possible I would want to suggest you that you try to run the same keyboard with the same galaxy Tab of some of your friend or any relative that is having the same tablet pc. With this you will surely come to know whether you are having any problem with the keyboard or the tablet pc and accordingly you can take actions.

Make sure that you have rebooted the device after having connected the keyboard with your Samsung Galaxy Tab. As far as I know to run any kind of external hardware you always require some or the other kind of driver with it. So what you do is that you must go to the Samsung Galaxy support website and search for the drivers that are necessary to run the keyboard properly with the Samsung Galaxy Tab of yours, Then also, if you are not able to get the thing worked than I think that the problem lies completely in the softkeyboard and that it is needed to be replaced as fast as possible before your warranty periods ends.

Hey thank you guys for all the solutions that you have mentioned for the query that I was having, I did tried the solutions and eventually I was able to recognize what exactly the problem was. I tried using the same keyboard with the help of Samsung galaxy Tab of my friends and eventually there also I was not able to get any letters on the screen. Then I tried using his keyboard with my Tab and it worked smoothly. After that I got the keyboard replaced from the shop that I had brought the Samsung Galaxy Tab and now am using it very efficiently.