Thread: Nokia C6-00 new 16GB Memory Card corrupts data

Nokia C6-00 new 16GB Memory Card corrupts data

Yesterday I have bought a 16 GB micros SD card of Kingston for my Nokia C6-00. I put it in my mobile and it works fine without any issue. I formatted it once without any problem. But there are several things which can’t get yet.
    • Some of the downloaded maps are not working properly.
    • Music will going to corrupt every time after the transfer and can’t play it all.
    • Some pictures are going to corrupt while transferring or after the transfer.

Is there any kind of problem with my new card or it is the support issue of the Nokia C6-00? Otherwise what may cause this issue?

Re: Nokia C6-00 new 16GB Memory Card corrupts data

It seems to me that it probably be the issue of the memory card itself. Because you have such a good mobile from Nokia and Nokia mobiles by no means going to corrupt the data in the memory card except some major issues occurs. But still there will not be any kind of possibility that the mobile itself going to corrupt its SD card data. The 3 things or issues which you have mentioned due to the cause of fake or duplicate SD card. You might have bought any lower class card. As you know there are different classes in memory card. The lower level cards usually come with low price but also perform very low.

As far as I know some cheap or low level SD card doesn’t offer the full memory storage as mentioned in the top of the card. The card may be printed as 16GB but they won’t really include the full 16GB or at least 15GB memory space. You can notice this issue easily. When you are transferring large amount of data to such cards they will be stored at first very quickly when it thrusts above the 10GB it can’t handle this. As a result the data either get corrupted. Sometime it just slows or ends the transfer rate. In other condition it may able to copy all the content but when you try to open it, they immediately get corrupted by themselves.

This is very good phone you have. You don’t need to worry about your mobile until your mobile data itself get corrupted. Till there check whether your new Kingston SD card is a genuine one or not. There are some fake models in the market for fewer amounts. If it is the issue of your memory card then you need to format it once again. But this time you need to select the FAT 32 file system inside MASS STORAGE mode while formatting. Furthermore do not go doe quick format, just uncheck the box. After copy the contents to that card and run the disk defragmenter. Now I hope that it is resolved from every issue.

How did you transfer the data to memory card? If you have transferred directly to the mobile using data cable with card inserted, then do it in another manner. Get a card reader and try to transfer all your files from that. This could be the problem of computer driver or USB port. Otherwise the unsupported data cable also causes these kinds of task. Refer your mobile manual and get the compatible data cable. If you are still getting the issue there will not be any way rather than changing your memory card. Do not full the card, leave some empty space so that the mobile can access the contents properly.