Thread: Can't access Facebook for Blackberry app?

Can't access Facebook for Blackberry app?

I cannot use Facebook application on my blackberry. Whenever i try to login it gives me this error : "The Facebook server has returned an unknown error and is not able to fulfill your request. (2102)". Can anyone tell me what am i doin wrong? It has been happening since the day i took this phone. I don't know what to do. Has anyone else faced this problem? It has been almost 6 months and i am unable to use this application on this stupid phone. I regret purchasing this phone now.

Re: Can't access Facebook for Blackberry app?

Even i had this kind of problem. when i try to sign into facebook from my blackberry, i get the exact same error : "The Facebook server has returned an unknown error and is not able to fulfill your request. (2102)" I thought its the phone but its not. I can login using someone else's account. I then tried to log in again with my account, again the same problem! What the hell is wrong with my phone? Is it my phone? I doubt sometimes as it lets every other account open but just not my account! I'm very frustrated with this. Has anybody found a solution yet?

Both of you try to clear the cache and try again. That might just work. I had a similar issue on my Nokia C5 which i owned previously and all of a sudden i started getting this error. I tried to restart the phone and then it seemed to fix this but then again showed up some other time. And then again and again i got this error when i closed this application and started it again. I cleared the cache memory and this error never came up again. You can try this out. May be the web cookies and application's are conflicting. Hope this works

I'm getting a similar problem. Though the error code is same, i get some different error message : "Your Login session has expired, please re-login to the Facebook application. (2102)." I tried logging back in again, but that didn't help, I restored my system settings to default, cleared the cache but this is something else. I even tried by reinstalling facebook application again three times, but that even didn't work. Any other way!?

If i were at your place. I would try to do this :
    • Clear the cache
    • Reinstall Facebook appliaction
    • Upgrade my blackberry OS
    • Change some settings from my facebook account like password

Hope this helps!

Hi, this is Gerald from the RIM Social Media team.

Please visit our Support & Services website (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...rnalId=KB25326) to resolve the error and do use Facebook for BlackBerry (www.blackberry.com/facebook) on your smartphone in order to use the application effectively. Hope this helps!

Thanks!