Thread: How to connect Samsung Galaxy Tab to Windows 7 or Windows XP machine

How to connect Samsung Galaxy Tab to Windows 7 or Windows XP machine

I have this cell phone here in my case and I just want to know how I can have Samsung Galaxy Tab connected to the system that is running Windows XP or Windows 7. I really want to have the explanation in this case and any help in the matter will be really appreciated here. I have tried all the things that I can but I just cannot connect the cell phone to the Windows XP machine. The same thing was observed with the Windows 7 machine as well. I really want to have the explanation on the same and would like to know how I can get it resolved here. I just want to get some of the photos and the videos transferred to the cell phone but I have seen that the system of mine is just not detecting the device there.

Re: How to connect Samsung Galaxy Tab to Windows 7 or Windows XP machine

Well it seems to me that the USB cable that you are making use of to make the connection is faulty and hence you are getting the issue. It will be better if you can just have the check on the USB cable hope that it will really help you with the issue. In addition to this if you want you can also try to connect the USB cable with the other USB port that you have on your system and see if that can help you in any manner.

After looking at the case of yours I think that you will be required to have the firmware of the cell phone updated and once you are done with that then you will be able to have the connection in your case. In order to make the update you will be required to make use of the KIES. Establish the connection with KIES and then you can go with the Firmware upgrade. Once you see the connection getting established then you will have to go and select the option update. Let the update complete on the cell phone and see if after the completion the Windows Machine will be able to identify the cell phone. Let me get notified about the same. Sometimes it is required that you have the cell phone updated for such scenarios.

It seems that you are missing on the drivers there and hence you are getting the issue. You can try to see for the drivers in that case and see if that can help you in making the connection after that. You can make use of the device manager so that the scenario can be brought to some use. I am of the opinion that device manager will be really in the position to get the required drivers for the system and I am sure that after you get the proper drivers then you will not have any issue with the connection after this. See for the same.

I was caught with the same issue and however I was able to get it solved. The thing was that I just missed on SD Card and that was actually causing me the issue. What I did was not placed the SD Card in the cell phone and then just tried to plug the USB Cable with the system and hence was not able to get the connection properly. See if you can get the SD Card in the cell phone and then give the connection a try there and see if the Windows 7 or Windows XP will recognize the cell phone of yours after this. Let me know about the same.

If you want to find the drivers then you can get the same on the Samsung’s official site and I am sure that it will really help you with the scenario. You can get the drivers from there site. Go to the support tab and then you will have the drivers in your case. You will have to choose the Carrier properly and then you can proceed with the download. I am sure that this will really solve the issue that you are having there.