Thread: YouTube can’t be played on Nokia E5

YouTube can’t be played on Nokia E5

So here is the problem that I facing, I am having the Nokia E5 but that is not able to play the YouTube videos. Whenever I open the YouTube from mobile and click on any of the video then it just let me to the video player and shows me the loading message. It continues showing that and never starts the videos. This is happening to all the videos and not the selected videos. There is no problem while playing the videos that are stored in my mobile with the same browser. This is very strange for me and I am not able to get the reason for this issue. Can you please tell me that why this is happening to me and how can this issue can be resolved? I tried few things that I know to get out of the problem but not able to do that. Please reply on this, I need quick suggestion for this.

Re: YouTube can’t be played on Nokia E5

There are many YouTube applications available on internet. All you have to do is just search for the one for your mobile model and download that. Before downloading the application, please make sure that you are downloading the version that is supported by your phone and if that is not supported then it will not function on your phone. So this is very important to check the compatibility of this. I hope that you will get the one working on your phone soon.

There may be some problem with the streaming settings in your phone and that is the cause that it is not able to play the videos on your phone. So you can try to change the settings for streaming. If you want to do that then you will have to go to menu > settings > app settings > videos. You will be able to select the acces points in use wifi/3g etc. Select options/advanced settings from the main streaming settings screen and from here you will be able to change the bandwidth setting. I changed that to 1.92mbits and after that it stopped showing me that issue and I wish that it will do the same for you too.

You may need to do the soft reset to the phone that you are using and that can solve the issue for you. If you desire to do soft reset on your Nokia E5 you will have to press *#7780# and after that press Dial button. If it asks for the security code then you will have to type it as 12345. Once you finish with this then your phone will return to the factory settings except you will not lose private data. anyhow it is suggested to create a backup previous to performing some of the given procedures. If that is also not working for you then you can try to do the hard reset to your phone. If you want to do the hard reset on Nokia E5 then you will have to press *#7370# and press Dial button. The phone will ask for the security code which is by default 12345. Please be conscious that you will lose the entire of the data inside your phone, so you must backup the entire pertinent information. But make sure that this is the last option if nothing helps you.

I think that you will have to upgrade the flash content which is installed in your phone. If you do this then only you will be able to play the flash videos played on your phone. I would like to tell you that Youtube uses Flash 10 and if you want them to be executed then you must have flash lite. So do the latest update on your phone and after that ty to play the videos again and see if that is able to solve the problem for you. I think that after doing this, videos will be played without any problem. So do this and post beck if that is working for you or not. Thank you.

ThumbsUp Re: YouTube can’t be played on Nokia E5

i have two e5. Both wouldnt play youtube.
    Would come up with the default access default message.
    There are two settings to change.
    Both look identical but are not.

First..from home screen go to..
    Menu
    cnt panel
    settings
    applications
    real player and change streaming to..internet.

Next go to the web.
    Go to youtube.
    With you tube home page click on a video but dont play it.

Now go to....
    Options
    settings
    general
    access pont
    and make sure it is set on internet.

Now go back and play you tub.
    Hope this helpped.
    Jon

to play you tubbe make these changes.
    My fist post i left a step out..