Thread: Memory Card Locked for Nokia 5800

Memory Card Locked for Nokia 5800

Friends, I am having the Nokia 5800 that I bought recently. I am having a 2 GB memory card into that. It is having the v5 firmware installed in that. My problem is that the memory card that I am using is locked for some unknown reason and I am not able to make them unlock. Whenever I try to open the memory card then it asks me for the password that I don’t know. So please someone over here can tell me is there is any method to recover that password or to remove that password from the card. Or I have to buy a new memory card for it? So please share, if you know anything that can help me in this case. Thank you.

Re: Memory Card Locked for Nokia 5800

I don’t know the solution for the issue but I think that you have updated the firmware with the password protected memory card and that is the reason that you are getting prompted for the password. I am saying this to you because there was the same case when my brother was having the same trouble and was trying to solve the problem. But finally he bound to buy a new card. The protected card is still with me and I hope that someone will provide some solution to unlock it.

OK, you can try to format the memory card and see if that is able to help you. To do that you can just select the memory card and press option button. This will show you the list of options for that. You will have to select format card and this will format the card for you. Other than this you can remove the card from your phone and connect that with your computer with the help of card reader and then format it as you normally for mat the memory card and after that insert that again into the mobile. I hope that this will solve the problem for you.

Have you tried to use the FExplorer. This is the mobile software that is used to browse the memory of the phone. If you want that then you will have to search for it on google for your model and download that. Install in to your mobile. Once you have installed the FExplorer then you will have to go in c:\system from FExplorer and there you will see one file that is named as mmcstore. Now you have to open that with the help of hex/text viewer and you will be able to see the password there. Copy that and you can use that password to open the memory card directly, when it asks you for the password. I am using the FExplorer for me and I found that this is very useful for me.

I think that this is simply impossible to recover the password for the memory card. It cannot be recovered by your phone. But other that the actual memory card password, you can try to add the password as 12345. This is the default password for all phone models from the Nokia. Other than this you can also try to make use of 1234 or 123 and see if that is working for you. I have seen some of the cases where this password works in many problems and I wish that will work for you also.