Thread: Samsung galaxy tab: Getting error while Reconnecting Wi-Fi

Samsung galaxy tab: Getting error while Reconnecting Wi-Fi

While I utilize my Verizon data package to attach to the Internet while I travel I cannot reconnect to my Wi-Fi at home another time. I continue receiving the message "obtaining IP address" and after that it times out and attempts another time for about 6 to 7 times with no effects. I called Samsung and the just recommend was to do a system reboot. I after that wasted hours reconfiguring my tablet. I have observed some other people are having this trouble. Somebody else was saying to physically input the IP address. I am not certain regarding how to do this accurately. Any thoughts?

Re: Samsung galaxy tab: Getting error while Reconnecting Wi-Fi

I acquired my Verizon Galaxy Tab about 2 weeks before and as well have had a few WIFI challenges. While I primary attempted to attach to my home network (Linksys Wireless G Router), it would not bond. I interpret on this side and on the web which it could be the firmware on the router. I modernized the firmware and it reserved all of my settings and worked great. About 2 week later, I acquired a car kit and utilized a wireless connection at a cafe, returned home and establish that it would not connect to my wireless network. I interpret every messaged regarding setting a static IP address and begun to get aggravated. So, I attempted something a bit dissimilar. I went into my router and altered the SSID and re-produced a novel WEP key and it began right up. We will observe how this holds extended. I have seen a few notes that the trouble will increase once more and that this is a temp fix. I will let you make out if it holds or not. It would be good if the Tab had a method to redden the assigned IP address.

I had to do one more hard reset to get the Wi-Fi functioning another time at my house. This is establishing in the settings menu below Privacy. It is at the base called Factory Data Reset. This time I utilized an application called Backup the whole thing earlier than I did the reset since the reset clears the whole thing. Later than resetting I downloaded the Backup Everything application once more and afterward it restored my applications from the memory card. I attempted utilizing my tab at a different Wi-Fi spot; this one utilized the WAP kind security. While I went home I attempted connecting another time to my router, and after that the 3G network. I afterward attempted connecting once more to the Wi-Fi and this time it worked just well like it was supposed to! The just thing I can feel of is I didn't place back 2 games I downloaded for gratis. Possibly they were causing a problem. This is not a fix but if a rearrange and backup or restore gets the Wi-Fi attached another time and it does not take too extended I will have to perform this because I have exhausted way too much time with this.

I have the similar problem with my TAB. It would attach to Wi-Fi but no stuff what I performed it could not browse or do something online. I lastly establish the way out was to depart to Settings/Wi-Fi and after that utilize the menu key to obtain to the advanced menu; from there I was able to physically type an IP address and DNS utilizing Static IP. I have the exact similar problem at job, the actual ache is each time I put foot in job I have to depart into the over explained Static IP settings and regulate things for job, and the overturn while I go home. About the just nice thing I figured out was I could re-utilize the similar DNS entries so it’s just 2 settings to alter in its place of 4. I utilized AT&T at 9.9.9.9. I enquired at job with our IT department and they said they do not implement MAC address reservations to limit wireless exercise so it’s not that. At home my router is a quite elevated end customer Cisco that’s both novel and advanced.

Accurately the similar trouble I was containing, later than tries to get assist from the Forum, I was told that I was single out of millions who had no troubles with Wi-Fi. So I took it back to run and they were ZERO assist, I lastly got so aggravated which I returned the Tab to run, if this is a software problem it requires to be brought to Samsung's notice per resolution. I would definitely be eager to let them know my knowledge with expects which they would address which sounds like a rising trouble.

Well my tab was functioning well connecting to dissimilar Wi-Fi's as extended as I keep utilizing it. I didn't utilize it for a week and established it and it did the loop thing once more, Obtaining IP address, after that loosing it and afterward lastly later than 5 times just would not attach. Another time I had to perform a hard reset to make it exertion. At this time I am just checking my email as a minimum one time a day on it to keep it running. I am tapering down the trouble to not turning it on recurrent sufficient. I haven't made the static IP address because I am not too certain regarding all that. But that may be next.