Thread: Does Nexus S on T-Mobile Locked or unlocked

Does Nexus S on T-Mobile Locked or unlocked

I was preparing to buy a phone called Nexus S. I found it for a good price from T-mobile and the price is $199. Furthermore they told me that it is for on a two year contract. No doubt is whether purchasing this mobile phone on contract base means locked or not. I hope that you know what is locked and unlocked. More will tether and the wifi hotspot be obtainable devoid of any plan over it or it also locked up? Please let me know more information about this.

Re: Does Nexus S on T-Mobile Locked or unlocked

I think that there is no wrong with buying this mobile if you are particularly interested in it but one thing to keep in mind that the Nexus S doesn't hold up ATT 3G. The phone which you are talking about is based on contract which is not same as purchasing at total amount. While looking at the Nexus S page I found that this mobile comes with unlocked. T-Mobile will at rest no hesitation charge in support of tethering except you adjust your client agent on top of your desktop. Once again make sure that the phone not locked for now.

T-Mobile recognizes tethering lying on port 80 by interrupting the user agent thread on top of the browser you're utilizing. If you're operating a desktop browser, they'll recognize you're tethering and they'll ultimately chunk it. Consequently the Nexus S can stay behind unscathed, clean Android 2.3, but at rest be limited from tethering. I would suggest those hunting for a Nexus like familiarity through ATT 3G to obtain the Samsung Galaxy S. It is fundamentally the equivalent, however lacking LED Flash but have a front Facing Camera. This might be even cheaper than Nexus S

By looking at several pages I found that the ATT is 850/1900. The 3G broadcasting inside the Nexus S merely backs 1700 which is AWS moreover utilized via TMobile as well as Wind and 900 as well as 2100 are utilized within Europe. The cell phone will operate on EDGE barely on top of ATT. My presumption is, there mgiht be an edition to backing ATT's 3G. I have purchased the Nexus S on a contract and it operates on whichever carrier, I situate inside my AT&T SIM and it worked very well.

The Nexus S might have been freed completely (in favor of the time being) all the way through Best Buy within the US. I heard that there will be two editions: the unlocked edition, you can get it only in the store, which works on ATT and will merely back 2G. The locked T-mobile edition will necessitate a two-year agreement, and this will support 3G. It will barely be obtainable by way of deliverance to your residence address. So you cannot get this version of Nexus S in the stores. They won’t sell this one.