Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab freezing up while browsing

Samsung Galaxy Tab freezing up while browsing

It has been two weeks passed after I bought the new gadget from Samsung called as Galaxy Tab. Which seems similar to the Apple ipad but this tab is running with Android OS. Yesterday for the first time I started browsing internet in this tab. The shocking news was this Tab has started freezing up during the browsing session. There was no button or option to come out from this freeze. Even I cannot remove the battery to cut off the power. By luckily the battery was very low while browsing. So I waited for nearly 2 hours. Once the battery drains it automatically switched off. Is there any solution for this freezing issue other than waiting for the batter to last? Please find any solution.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab freezing up while browsing

I think that there will not be any option or choice of freezing of galaxy tab. It seems to me that there might be some kind of hardware malfunction occurred in your Tab. If the memory is in full use then this kind of issues occurs. So what you have to do is make sure that you have enough free memory on the tab. While browsing WebPages the browser may use lots of memory to save cookies and some temporary files. When the cache gets full then the tab doesn’t know what to do and consequently it freezes the entire operation without responding to the user.

The home button in the tab is the answer for your issue. Unlike the apple ipad Home button it also contain one home button which will bring you to the Home menu of the tab. No matter in which process or application you are working, when press this button you will at a time come out to from that process. If just one press will not work for you then hold the home button or key for a while. It will wipes out the freeze web browser. Otherwise just try the combination of buttons.

Just make sure that there are no other applications are running in the back ground. Some applications which you haven’t closed properly might be running in the background without your notice. Those apps may be using much CPU as well as memory usage. So while you are browsing the browser will not respond properly to the user request. So before launching the web browser just make sure to close those. If your get freeze while browsing done panic, just use the power button. Sometime you may need to hit or hold the power button for a while to get rid of freeze window.

I have never seen a freezing issue in Samsung galaxy Tab. I think this is the first post I am seeing right now. Is it just the one time issue or the tab is freezing continually when you are browsing the internet? There are 4 buttons on the front of the tab. The home button is useful when you are involved in some issue. If that didn’t help you then just put the power adapter to the socket. May be it will bring the tab back to normal position. Otherwise try the reset combination of button. May be it will bring the menu to reset your tab. Other than this I don’t think that there is any other option left In that piece of model.