Thread: Apple iPod 4G not recognizing in windows 7

Apple iPod 4G not recognizing in windows 7

From last few months I am using a windows 7 compatible Acer aspire laptop, along with this also having an Apple iPod 4G music player. I usually used to connect this one with my machine via USB cable and need the desire task, like to transfer or to synchronize contents. But in this morning I faced a peculiar problem. This is when I was first tried to connect the music player, there is a message flashes into the screen, where the message is windows not detect any USB device attached with the machine. I shocked this music player was running fine till the last night, what happened suddenly. Is there any one having any idea on this? Any input will be helpful for me.

Re: Apple iPod 4G not recognizing in windows 7

Is the USB cable is working fine, also the USB port in your system is running ok? You need to first make sure about these type of problems. Now I suggest you one process, I hope this will somehow help you. Start your machine in safe mode, and plug the music player and wait till the windows version will detect the device and flashes that the device is detected by the windows. Because in some of the cases I found that in normal mode or running different programs, sometimes some of the hard devices either are not detected or not working properly. So in those time restart the machine is required.

The USB mass storage driver is running fine in your machine? For that I suggest you to ping into device manager and then from there check the status of that driver from USB mass driver. Open driver tab and right click on that driver name and choose update option, select online option, it will collect the information about the up to date version of the driver application and will directs you to download and install the driver update version into your machine. If there is any issue with the hardware driver, then this will surely help you to resolve the problem.

Similar issue in my Dell inspiron laptop, though I am not using with nay Apple portable device, not able to connect my newly purchased Nokia E71 mobile, whenever I tried to plug the mobile into my machined it simply directs that the mobile is not detected y windows. From the above mentioned processes, I tried by update the USb mass driver, there was an update version is available in web site, I download and install that one. But still the problem is occurring. I hope I am posting in correct place, is someone from here is having any kind of information about this type of problem or how to resolve this?