Thread: Trouble connecting android phone to the computer

Trouble connecting android phone to the computer

I am facing a big problem of connecting the android phone that I have at my place with the computer. Whenever I have connected my phone to the computer and when i try opening the drive in the computer it just fails to open and I cannot see any files inside it. I have tried unplugging and plugged it again, then also I could not open any drive in the computer. I think that the drive might have got corrupted. I have a windows vista operating system at my place and also I have tried connecting it to the windows 7 machine then also I am unable to connect. So anyone of you who can help out of this situation then do give me your responses.

Re: Trouble connecting android phone to the computer

To start with I would like to remind you some basic steps to ensure that you can connect properly to the system. have you tried installing the latest driver for the usb that you are connecting to the system? if not then do try installing the latest driver in the system, so that he usb is recognized in the system. Once you connect he phone to the system do not forget to mount it. It is always necessary to do that having said that while connecting the data cable make sure that you are using the proper data cable for the phone. So that there is no problem In the connection. So do ensure that you have tried with the basic steps before the actual connection. I hope it will work for you.

If you ask me I would advise you to have a check with the usb settings in the phone. Look if the mass storage options is enabled or not. If it is disabled then do enable it as it is very necessary for the recognition of the usb in the system. There are many users who have come In the forums with the same issue and this solutions has really helped them. so I would advise you to have a look at this method and this will definitely help you. So do try changing the usb settings and get back to me whether it has helped you or not. I am quite sure that this would be the case with you so do the necessary changes.

I think the problem is with the data cable. Since recently I have noticed that the data cable that I an using In order to get it connected is not getting connected properly with the system. the mass storage icon does appears In the task bar and then it goes away. The problem is due to the connection problem and hence I think the data cable must be replaced. What do you all think? Sine this problem I have started facing recently and it is just really driving me nuts. So what do you think is the data cable to be blamed? Give me your opinions.

Yes, you have got the main culprit in your problem and you have identified it correctly it is the data cable wire that you were talking about. There are many cheap cables that are introduced in the market which causes the problem. So it is always advisable to stay away from them. Well the real data cable for the android phones do cost a lot so if you are using the one that came with the phone then you need to get it replaced and get it replaced by the manufacturer itself and do not settle with the cheap data cable wires. So do get it replaced as early as possible.