Thread: How to find mep code for the blackberry 8520

How to find mep code for the blackberry 8520

I need your help on this topic. Well I need to know how can I get the mep code and the mep2code that is required while unlocking the phone. Well I did not know that mep code is necessary during the unlocking of the phone. I have a blackberry 8520 and I was looking to unlock the phone quite some time ago but I was unable to do so. Now I have lost my first attempt and now I have only four attempts left otherwise my phone will get permanently locked. So do understand my situation and guide me thoroughly on where can I find my mep code. Please do send me your valuable suggestions i am waiting for it.

Re: How to find mep code for the blackberry 8520

Well there are many websites available today who can get your mobile unlock code as well as provide you with the mep code and also the mep2 code. So do have a look at them, for that you will have to provide them with the necessary information on your phone like the phone contact number, the phone model number, the phone manufacturer and the network that the phone uses. Do provide the necessary details and you will get the necessary unlock phone code and all the necessary information that you were looking for in order to unlock the phone. So do consider this option and let me know if that works or not.

Even I agree with the above user that you can try logging in to the different website and try looking for the unlocked code. I have also heard that you will get in the ebay website for $5. Well the procedures to apply for the unlocking code are all the same and there is no major difference anywhere. So you do not have to worry about it. Having said that in some countries getting the unlocked code is a quite simple task you will be able to get there for free so stop worrying about the matter. Do have a look at the different websites for the unlocked code and you will get the right solution.

I am also one of the user who had the same problem and hence I thought of posting my solution here. Well some time ago even I had to unlock my blackberry bold but after 2 attempts I could not do it. So I finally brought the unlocked code from the ebay and the rogers sim card that I am having got well sued to it and I was successfully able to unlock the phone. Let me give you some steps that you need to follow while you are trying to unlock the phone
    1) First go to the menu options and select the manage connection.
    2) Having done that turn off all the connections that are right now present. After that go back to the home screen.
    3) Go to the options button and select the advanced options. You will have to select the sim card that is being listed.
    4) In that you will have to press the MEPD, after that MEP then hold the alt button and press 2 then type the mep2 code. While doing this one thing you have to observe correctly is that the numbers or the code that you are typing will not appear in the screen.
    5) After having typed all that codes then type the unlock code. Then accept the code and the phone must give you a option showing that the code is accepted.
    6) Reboot the cell phone and then look for the restoration of the connection that you had switched off earlier.
    so I hope this solution helps you In getting the desired solution.

Ok, thanks for all the necessary information that you have given on this topic. Well let me tell you that even I have got the necessary unlocking code for the phone from the ebay. Even I am going to try with this option as early as possible. I will have to be very cautious since I have only four attempts left. So i will go it with ease. Let's see if i am able to work or not. Anyways I need to thank you all for all the efforts that you have given on this topic to help me out of the problem. So thanks a lot for the help.