Thread: How to import gmail contacts into a windows mobile 6 phone

How to import gmail contacts into a windows mobile 6 phone

I want a easy method to import all the contacts from the gmail to the my new windows mobile 6. I have tried working on the export options of the phone and that also did not help me much. Well I had to sue the vcard to import all the contacts In the phone. Well that’s is quite tedious process and I know how it is working on it. So that’s why I better avoid it. I have a Verizon Samsung SCH-i760 and also I am using the windows vista ultimate editions as my operating system for my computer. So anyone knows any method to help me import all the contacts from the gmail to the windows phone 6 then do share it with me.

Re: How to import gmail contacts into a windows mobile 6 phone

Well for that you need to download the googlesync software in your cell phone. I just had a search in the internet for this particular software and I have found that you need to have a java environment installed in your cell phone. Only after that you will be able to properly sync with the gmail contacts. So do try installing this particular software in your mobile and try exporting the contacts from the gmail. It will definitely get exported. so do try installing the j2se environment in your cell phone, it will definitely work. So I hope you have got the necessary suggestion.

Well what you have to do is try exporting form the gmail with the help of the csv format. Well let me give you some step by step details on the process.
    1) First you have to login to the gmail page and then select for the contacts and select for the particular format in which you want to export the file.
    2) The next thing that you would have to do is import the csv file from the gmail. For that you will have to run iMobileTool ContactsManager,then click on the file and select import option and then select the appropriate csv file format.
    3) After that if you want to make backup of the al lthe files that you have created. Then select the export option from the iMobileTool ContactsManager. The data will get stored In the particular location.
    4) After that you will be able to restore all the contacts In the phone.
    So do follow the above steps and let me know if this method has worked or not.

I would advise you to have a look at the phone software and just check whether it has the Microsoft outlook software. If you have it then you will be successfully be able to sync all the gmail contacts and hence it will get stored In the outlook program. If you don’t have it then do install that particular software in the mobile and you will be able to sync all the files in the windows phone. You would be able to sync with the help of the windows vista sync center. So do try working on this option as well and get back to me if that works or not.

I need to say thanks for this information. Well let me tell you that i am able to import the gmail contacts to the phone. well i was not knowing the exact method by which i can try importing the contacts. After reading your steps i thought i must go with it. So accordingly i tried with it and i was successfully able to export all the contacts from the gmail. After having tried so many steps i was unsuccessful with all of them. Now i have got the desired solution. So thanks a lot for the help.