Thread: How can I change file associations in Windows Mobile 6.1

How can I change file associations in Windows Mobile 6.1

I’ve verizon XV6800 mobile phone and I’ve upgraded my phone to windows mobile 6.1. it work goods, but there is some problem I my mobile. The .jpg file in my mobile is not associated with the native photo viewer. I’ve tried to open it many times but nothing happen can you please tell me what’s wrong with my phone. please tell me why I’m not able to open a .jpg file in my mobile phone. this problem has started after I’ve upgraded to windows 6.1. please tell me why this problem is happening in my phone. please suggest me some solution to resolve this issue. Please help me.

Re: How can I change file associations in Windows Mobile 6.1

I think you have to upgrade your photo viewer, you have not mention the version of your photo viewer. If you have mention it then I can help you in better way. But, I will suggest you to upgrade your photo viewer. If it does’nt work for you then you can also download a new photo viewer from internet. You have to search on internet on this, you can search on google search engine for this software. there are many website which provide this software to open a .jpg file.

If your .jpg file is not opening in windows 6.1 then you can do the following steps to open your file:
    First, open a windows explorer, then go to tools- folder options – you’ll see file types. After going in this you can select any file extension or you can also create a new one and change the program. If this does’nt work for you then you can also download a photo viewer from internet. You have to download a latest version photo viewer from internet.

If you’re getting this problem after upgrading to windows 6.1, then you can go back to your previous version. You’ve not mention the error which you are getting while opening a file. If you have mention then I can help you in much better way. Well, try to download a new photo viewer from internet. You have to download a latest version photo viewer, so you don’t get any problem while viewing photos. Try to open some other jpg file, may be you’re trying to open a corrupted file.