Thread: How to Turn Off the Notification for G1Android Phone

How to Turn Off the Notification for G1Android Phone

At what time I receive text messages? I have some way chosen for a repeat notification to occur every 5 minute or else so when I am given a text furthermore have not opened it. I have search all the way through the settings menu’s furthermore looked throughout my manual I cannot figure out how to turn off the REPEAT of the notification. I still would like one notification which I have a message however not to construct a noise each 5 minute that I have one. Any assist would be appreciated!

Re: How to Turn Off the Notification for G1Android Phone

The T-Mobile G1 has an exclusive notification system which permits you to observe each and every one of your latest events inside the Notification Window. You will be able to access the notification from any screen except only if you are in any application which sets itself to full screen viewing. If for anything you do not desire to be notified of something, you be able to alter these settings in your G1's menu.

Follow the below instruction to turn off Notification for G1:
    • Press the "Menu" button on your home screen. After that choose "Settings" plus click "Sound and display." Navigate to "Notification ringtone" division furthermore click it. Select "Silent" as well as press "OK."
    • Go back to home screen and select "Gmail" if you make use of Gmail.”
    • Press the "Menu" button to choose "Settings" furthermore scroll to "Email notifications." Take away the check mark from that box. This will turn off visual and sound notifications for your email.

Like others I like to receive calls as well as SMSes at night, as not receiving any notification regarding emails. However one thing which is in reality missing is custom notification icons, intended for the bar at the top, designed for receiving SMSes and Emails and Calls from precise contacts. If I obtain an email from some important person I want to read it right away, if I just get an email not from anyone in the "close" list I do not have to read it right away.