Thread: Need to know more about setting up of email in Sony Ericsson Xperia x10

Need to know more about setting up of email in Sony Ericsson Xperia x10

I have just recently brought a new Sony Ericsson Xperia x10. Well I am quite excited about this smart phone. Recently I was thinking to have a look at some of my mails in the inbox of my mail account. So when I went to login I was unable to do that. It was asking for some port number and also the pop3 number. I do not have any idea regarding this. So anyone of you who can explain me some steps on how to setup the email in my new Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 then do share it with me. If you can reply as early as possible then it would be great. Since I need to have a check at my mails. So get back to me with your responses.

Re: Need to know more about setting up of email in Sony Ericsson Xperia x10

Well I would be happy to give you some information on setting up of the gmail in your phone. So I will give you some steps do follow it accordingly
    1) Firstly you will have to go to the home screen and in that go to the menu option.
    2) After having done that tap the settings option and then move to the online service account.
    3) Under the online service account you will get the Google option.
    4) Click on the Google option, you will get instructions to follow. So do follow it accordingly. After having followed the instructions your phone will be ready to sue the Google services.
    Having done that I would like to say that you would be able to sue the gmail and all other Google related services. So I hope you have got the necessary information.

Well it is very necessary to setup a pop3 number in your system. This pop3 number is very important for the forwarding and the receiving of the mails. So these are the steps that is required to set a pop3 number
    1) Firstly you have to go to the home screen and then you will have to select the application bar.
    2) Having done that select the email option, you will get the option to give the username and also the password. Do enter the necessary details.
    3) Then click on the next option. See if the phone is able to download the account settings of yours In the phone. If it does not then you will have to manually set the settings.
    4) After that enter the account name amd then click on done.
    You are almost done. Now open any email page and see if you are able to open any email account. I hope this helps you.

Hey thanks a lot for the suggestions everyone. Well let me tell you all that I was successfully able to setup the email In my cell phone. Thanks a lot for all the detailed methods that you have given on this particular subject. Since this is the new smart phone that I am owning so there was difference In the setup of the emails. Anyways now everything is well sorted out and I am able to access my yahoo mail properly. I am happy with it right now. So thanks a lot for all the efforts that you have put in to solve the issue.