Thread: Multiboot Nokia N900: NITdroid, Meego and Maemo5

Multiboot Nokia N900: NITdroid, Meego and Maemo5

Now I am having some query, attempted to obtain answers on several forums but no one helped me. I am having Nitdroid on my SD card as a second Operating System, however as I see, we are able to install Ubuntu 9.10 as well as MeeGo on N900. Therefore, is it probable to Multiboot Meego, Maemo5 as well as NITDroid ? And if likely will it function absolutely well or else will it direct to lower speed as well as performance. What is the likelihood of having all three of them simultaneously with no clash? So my query is how to install three operating system ( Nitdroid, MeeGo as well as Maemo5 ) by means of Multiboot as well as .item files?

Re: Multiboot Nokia N900: NITdroid, Meego and Maemo5

Multibooting NITDroid , Maemo as well as Meego is probable still right now. It is a little complicated for the reason that you will require to partition the sdcard designed for both meego as well as nitdroid. I do not be familiar with what PR1.3 will carry as well as whether it will sustain Meego on sdcard or else internal memory. On the other hand I am contented with nitdroid.

Yes you can install NITdroid, Meego as well as Maemo5. Make four partitions. Make out how to obtain Multiboot on the way to install several Kernels you would like as well as make the .item files by means of the accurate partition numbers. It is practically same as installing just one Operating System, however you just alter the Partition number to 3 or else 4 and discover the accurate kernel. But you furthermore require having the fiasco kernel image inside /boot/multiboot/ folder. After that multiboot will vigorously flash the dissimilar kernels as it desires them.

Thank you for your suggestion. It means that like in nitdroid add info inside item file on the way to boot from % partition by means of % params and make use of % filesystem. After tyring this now I can see inside my terminal :
    #root
    #cd ->boot->multiboot/
    #ls
    vmlinuz-2.6.28-omap1 vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.05

As a result the next two be supposed to be [vmlinuz-2.6.28-MeeGo as well as vmlinuz-2.6.28-Ubuntu]. Furthermore that names be supposed to be appropriately be written in /etc->bootmenu.d items. Let em know if I am wrong.