Thread: What is the price of Pentax K-5 in India

What is the price of Pentax K-5 in India

My younger brother is a professional photographer and I am about to buy a good expensive gift for him on his upcoming birthday. I have heard that the Pentax Cameras are good for making the SLR cameras. Recently I saw one model of Pentax camera in one magazine, I forgot the name of that magazine, But the camera was Pentax K-5 Silver. Can somebody give me some information about this camera as it seems to be great, If it works great then I would be buying the same one for my little brother. And how much it would be costing around in India?

Re: What is the price of Pentax K-5 in India

The K-5 will not have the heavy task of succeeding in the K-7, including the technical success was mixed. Hyper attractive on paper, feature rich, it was not convinced by his handling of noise, far more probative on the Kx, nor by the power of its processor, not enough to induce the ignition delay when the internal optical corrections were activated. And autofocus, improved over the K20D was not at the level of competition.

The K-5, Family APS-C - too bad for those who dreamed and still dreaming of a full-frame Pentax signed - features a new CMOS sensor from 16 to 51 200 Mpxl operated Iso and claimed as being type "high sensitivity". The autofocus inherits the technology used on the 645D medium format, with the module Saphox IX +. For eleven AF points, including nine in a cross. Hopefully it will show velocity and frankness in all situations, especially when the contrast is to fail. Pentax also introduced a preference setting for the development or the rate at onset, and indicates that the performance in low light have been improved. Must see. And fine adjustment by optics, autofocus is expected to fill any gaps in the assessment of the distance. As described on LCD, contrast detection autofocus faster is claimed. Not difficult given the poor performance of K-7 in the matter. Gusts, they, rise to 7 fps (40 JPEG or 15 RAW), making K-5 a reflex of the swift, capable of competing with an EOS 7D on this criterion.

If you have selected the Pentax K-5 camera to gift your little photographer I must appreciate your choice as you have chosen the perfect birthday gift for him. But there is one more thing that might make you worry about buying this camera in india. There are no authorized showroom of Pentax in India but nobody can stop you buying this camera online.

It has The magnesium alloy casing, tropical, integrates an LCD of 921 kpts. But that unfortunately is not adjustable, like on the EOS 60D, Canon to make the most of Live View and Full HD video. The viewfinder, he, still provides the framing and 100% based on a pentaprism, which Pentax is the inventor. We find the same overall philosophy ergonomic housing, already successful, with slight improvements. For example, there are now five user patterns. And three white balance measurements are recordable. The fine adjustments are increasing, as many options for the simulation of cross processing, or the ability to set the noise reduction for each sensitivity.

Raw key, which provides failover between recording in Raw or Jpeg, inaugurated with the K10D, sees its powers expanded as it becomes programmable. As you are increasingly likely to work immediately in RAW + JPEG (the ratio capacity / price of SD is more attractive), other options are stored. Since access to bracketing, the preview or digital display electronic level. Introduced the K-7, it is now biaxial. But only the LCD shows the vertical stabilizer, the viewfinder is simply visualize the horizontal attitude.

In terms of hardware interface cards, we note that the SuperSpeed USB is not implemented and the management of recent SDXC will be an update of the internal microcode. A jack for stereo microphone is provided, the internal microphone is only mono. As for Li-Ion battery is the same as the K-7. The K-5 shows a certain charm, the major regret is the fixity of its LCD. Somehow, it arises in economic competitor of the EOS 7D, with a greater compactness.

The Pentax K-5 will cost you some around Rs.85,000/-