Thread: Mac Pro Trackpad is a better alternative for gaming

Mac Pro Trackpad is a better alternative for gaming

I just bought a macintosh Pro, it has got a 4GB RAM, 2 USB ports, one fireWire 800 port, with an SD card slot, and mini display port. It even has a digital as well as analog audio line in minijack. I am not use to with the Mac Pro so I was wondering what do most of the mac users prefer for gaming. Is it the magic mouse or the magic trackpad. I have not yet tried playing any games though navigating in mac pro is a wonderful experience. So just want your suggestions before I start playing some of my favorite games.

Re: Mac Pro Trackpad is a better alternative for gaming

I use the Magic Trackpad more often as compared to the Magic Mouse. I have observed that for gaming purposes the magic trackpad is the best option. You will have no complaints and you’ll be able to handle it quite well. Not only for gaming but even for browsing through the internet or navigating from one place to another I do it all using my magic Trackpad because it is much more easy and simple to tackle in comparison to the magic mouse. I find the magic trackpad the ultimate option atleast while I am playing games on my macintosh system.

The Magic Mouse consists of two AA batteries in it. When you turn the mouse you will be able to see the power on and off slide switch, with two plastic strips that acts as glide rails to let the Magic Mouse move without stinting on most surfaces, it has a green LED indicator light, along with a laser-tracking LED. I have been working on my mac pro for years, initially it was tough as I felt that the magic mouse is sensitive but then gradually I managed to master in using the magic mouse. And I feel is if you practice for sometime you will find the mouse more helpful in gaming.

The Apple’s magic mouse supports four actions, the “Scroll”, you need to vertically move a single finger up or down, or horizontally move your finger from left to right. The second action is the “Screen zoom”, you can do this by holding down the Control Key, just hold the key and depending upon the scroll the window will zoom in or out. Then is the “swipe”, which is a two finger action in which you make use of two fingers, using this action you can move forward or backward while browsing. Then is the “Secondary click”, in which you tap either the left or the right half of the mouse. And it is a question of personal preference as to what you like to use while gaming. As far as I am concerned I like to maneuver using my magic mouse.

I kind of tried the magic mouse for general purposes like web browsing, search navigation etc, I even used it for games, but it turned out to be horrifying. It is not possible to click both right and left buttons simultaneously. When I try right clicking it picks up as a left click, and vice versa. If you are playing a game in which you require the left and right clicks simultaneously then you may face terrible problem. In such cases a magic trackpad is anytime better. Atleast you can consistently play the game. One more advantage of the trackpad is that it is fixed which provides an edge while plying.