Thread: Nokia 5800 vs HTC HD7

Nokia 5800 vs HTC HD7

I have a old phone which is nokia 5800. I am thinking to give this phone to my little brother or keep it with myself. I am thinking of buying a new htc hd7. The reason i am confused about giving this cell to my brother is that I don’t know much difference between the two. I know the new htc mobile that I am going to get works totally on the windows 7 operating system. while the nokia 5800 belongs to the symbian edition. Could you explain me some difference between the two so that I can get to know what all new features are there in the windows phone 7. So do inform me as soon as possible all the necessary differences.

Re: Nokia 5800 vs HTC HD7

If you ask me I would say that the windows phone 7 loose badly in terms of the controls that the symbian edition phone have. In the nokia 5800 you have the independence of creating your own profile and switching to the different profiles. Upon that in the network settings you had the freedom to switch off the wifi when needed. Also all the manual settings that gave you the independence to make as many changes in the cell phone. The main advantage of the symbian phones was the ability to load the applications in the phone. Well I can say that you cannot do the same thing with the windows phone 7. It does not give you the ability to do any such things that I have listed below. So I hope you have got the difference between the two phones. I hope you are cleared with all your confusions.

If you ask me about the windows phone 7. Then I could say a lot of advantages regarding it. Well first one of them is the interdependence to setup the operating system in the phone. The setup is quite smooth according to me and you cannot see that feature in the nokia phones or the symbian phones. One more advantage that I would like to add here is that is the easy access of all the mail applications. Net browsing is quite smooth. One more thing I would like to add here is the consistency of the operating system. you cannot see the same amount of consistency in the symbian phones. Well the windows phone 7 does not have the opera browser but in replacement it has the internet explorer browser which is a bit lacking from the opera browser but that not a big issue. The kinetic scrolling in the phone makes your scrolling through the different menus quite smooth. This is the necessary information that i can give here right now.

Well the major differences between the phones are the operating system that they are using. The nokia 5800 uses the symbian 5 operating system while the windows phone 7 uses the windows operating system. the nokia 5800 will offer you a lot of flexibility as compared to the htc hd 7. The performance of the htc hd 7 would be quite better since it has got a good operating system for the phone. The web surfing would also be quite smooth .So I hope you have understood what I am trying to say and I think you have cleared out all your confusions.

Yes, I have cleared out with all my confusions. I understand that he new phone that I am going to purchase would be a little bit non flexible one but that’s ok, if it is giving me no problems in the performance. I was thinking of going wiht the nokia N8 phone but at the last minute I changed the decision and decided to switch to the new phone. I thought it would be great to have this phone and I will get to see something new. Anyways thanks for all the suggestions that you have given on this topic. It has really helped me a lot.