Thread: Nokia N8 screen is not turning off

Nokia N8 screen is not turning off

I have recently brought a nokia N8 for myself. Well i had a good look at my mobile and let me tell you frankly that all the features are quite interesting and i am quite fascinated about the performance delivered by the cell phone. Well i have a small query that i would like to ask you all. well the query is that my nokia n8 screen does not gets completely switched off. Well i have noticed that the screen does gets dimmed but does not gets totally blank. Is this a new feature from the phone manufacturers or some defect in the piece? Do answer my queries since i am in love with this phone and i do not want to give this phone for the repairing process and all. So do reply as early as possible.

Re: Nokia N8 screen is not turning off

Well have you tried checking the energy saving option that is there in the phone. If the energy saving feature is enabled then there can be a possibility that the screen of the phone might appear the same way as that you are observing right now. That particular setting can be seen In the power saving options in the main menu options. If you find that particular feature on in the phone then you might need to switch it off. Once you have switched off the feature then you might get with the solution. So do that particular solutions and get back to me whether it works or not.

I think so there is nothing much to worry about this particular matter. This is a quite common feature of today’s phone. There are a lot of power saving options being tried in the new phones. The screens have turned into OLED screens. So the screen does not turn completely blackened out. It gets a bit dim and when you throw some light on the screen you will be able to read everything there in the home screen. so dot worry the same thing happens in my nokia E63. So stop worrying and enjoy all the features of the phones and no need to give it to some nokia servicing store. So I hope you re clear with all the suggestions that I have given to you.

There is nothing wrong in what you are seeing right now. This is a common feature in all of the modern nokia phones. However if you want to turn that screen completely off then you can go and turn off the screen saver in the display settings of the phone. Your screen may be completely on 24*7 but that is not going to consume any amount of power from the battery. Since it is made of OLED screens and hence there is nothing much to worry about such feature. If you want to turn that feature off then do try by turning the screen saver off. However the decision is totally yours and you can try with any of the method.

Ok, t hanks for putting some light in this topics. Well my topic did get some replies and i am happy that some of them are interested on this topics. i know that the topic was a bit silly but still i felt that i must confirm this from you all. so that's why i thought of reporting here. Anyways i have got the knowledge about this topic and now i am aware of such technology introduced by the nokia people i was just curious on this topic so that's why i thought of asking. Anyways thanks for the help.