Thread: Installing Nitdroid on EMMC

Installing Nitdroid on EMMC

I have recently joined this forum, so I am not having enough idea about rules over here. I was looking for installation of Nitdroid on emmc on Google, and I found Nokia N900: Running Nitdroid through eMMC, where some user was facing some issues on working with Nitdroid. Let me tell you that I am having Nokia N900 and I want to install Nitdroid into it. But the point is I want to know how to install Nitdroid on EMMC? Hope that some members will share some important points regarding an installation. It would be better for me, if you all explain in details.

re: Installing Nitdroid on EMMC

The following are some points useful for installing NITDroid 0.0.8 to EMMC :
    1. Initially you will have to allow all repositories from App manager like Extras-testing, Extras-devel, Extras and the default Nokia.
    2. After that install Leafpad from the App manager and confirm that you have root access.
    3. Then shut App manager, and start X Terminal and execute the subsequent commands:
      Code:
       root
      apt-get update
      apt-get install nitdroid-installer
      y
    4. Once you have installed nitdroid-installer package, close X Terminal.
    5. After then, you will have to install newer installer. nitdroid-installer_0.2.7_armel.deb
      • You will have to paste that installer to your N900 and once it get copied open it via App manager, it will identify it as a small update for your installer that you downloaded and installed in the second step.
      • Or after copying it, run the following:
        sudo dpkg -i nitdroid-installer_0.2.7_armel.deb
    6. After that execute the subsequent commands after opening X Terminal:
      Code:
      root
      nitdroid
      YES
    7. After an installation of NITDroid ends, keep in mind not to reboot your phone to NITDroid. Select the drop down top menu in X Terminal and then press on new and close the one before in which there was message saying that NITDroid was successfully installed.

The value may be exaggerated, but the amount of memory required for NITDroid also depends on the number of installed Android Apps. (A fresh installation requires approximately 200 MB). To boot from the internal memory NITDroid, follows these steps:
    First start from root:
    Code:
    root
    Mounts the NITDroid partition your SD card:
    Code:
    mount / dev/mmcblk1p2 / and
    Copies the contents of your SD card into your home directory:
    Code:
    cp-rp / and / * / home
    The last thing you must adjust your NITDroid.Item your file. All you have to do, she is an editor and enter "EXT_CARD" replace with "INT_CARD".
    Code:
    leafpad / etc / multiboot.d / * * FILE NAME OF ITEM
    That's it. Please note that for some reason, still the memory card in the phone needs to be. Otherwise does not start NITDroid. I have been able to notice a significant speed boost, although I have loaded the system in advance of a Class 6 card. If someone can not understand the instructions, I would like to suggest you to please keep their hands off the matter. This is only for your own safety.

After some testing, I would like to once comment that it is a possibility of this installation is for the best as everything is different. The space of NITDroid seems to be limited now strong. Moreover, the home directory being quite confused - I did not know exactly what I would delete if I want to get rid of it NITDroid. Nor can I say maybe, just next to version 0.0.9 update would have to now, everything is still confused to get more without. In contrast, however, there is a noticeable speed increase. There should be three times superior to any before it decides to NITDroid internal memory to move on.

NITDROID updated to GINGERBREAD

I am having similar doubt, so I thought not to create another thread and I am posting my doubt over here. Nitdroid have to install on EMMC so there really should be no doubt. Can you install 0.0.9 because just about gingerbread about it? Or do I then uninstall everything first? I hope that I am clear about my doubt and I am expecting some help from your side soon.

Re: NITDROID updated to GINGERBREAD

0.0.9 can easily be ironed over. When Ginger Bread is on a separate partition (ie mmcblk0p4 / p5 or similar), then simply rf in the appropriate directory with rm * delete everything and then unpack 0.0.9. rm-rf * but you should never use when NITDroid in any way in the / home or / opt is (even if only mount / and there). Then delete prefer WinSCP console or by manually everything. After the Ginger Bread files are deleted, and 0.0.9 was extracted at the appropriate place, you just need to reinstall the kernel and adapt where appropriate, the ITEM-Files again, so NITDroid is loaded from the correct place.