Thread: Moved to HTC HD7’s Windows Phone 7 from Nokia’s Symbian

Moved to HTC HD7’s Windows Phone 7 from Nokia’s Symbian

I have been using the Nokia 5530 Xpress Music since long and had to buy a new one because I lost my phone at the Airport. I was comfortable with the Symbian and had no issues regarding the device or its applications. But when I went to the store i saw an HTC HD7 running on Microsoft’s Windows 7. I liked its features and thought to buy it but I want to be sure before I hook the device. Is it a good option or should I stick to my Nokia 5530.

Re: Moved to HTC HD7’s Windows Phone 7 from Nokia’s Symbian

I have been using both the phones and let me tell you that you are going to miss Auto-Profile switcher option. When I use to go out for a long drive, I used the Auto-Profile switcher which automatically does the toggle. In Windows Phone 7 I have to manually turn ON the Wi-Fi when I want work on the internet and then I have to remember to turn ot OFF when I done. That was not the case in Nokia as I made use of my Auto Wi-Fi. One more thing that annoys me is that Windows Phone 7 don’t have the option like Profiles, and it doesn’t support the Opera. There is no way in which we can side load applications.

In Windows Phone 7, you can import your mails from G-mail accounts, and all you need to do is enter your G-mail ID and password. But if you try that in Nokia it is a bit frustrating. I liked the consistent performance of Windows Phone 7. In case of Symbian you don’t get such good consistency. It is easy to use and navigate into any application in Windows Phone 7. The browser in Windows Phone 7 is of course the Internet Explorer, which has few problems like you cannot type the URL address in the Landscape mode, but this flaw can be ignored.

Browsing in Nokia’s Symbian is a bit difficult. What I like about is the scrolling which enables the user to work smoothly. HD7 is a great piece of hardware, and I love its interface. The HTC HD7 provides sophisticated levels of expertise. It is a fairly new handset from the HTC, which offers remarkable functionality, The HTC is simple and user friendly and is available in affordable price. The HTC HD7 offers a wide variation of Connectivity which even includes access to the world wide web, you can even use the alternative option of Wi-Fi connection.

If you only prefer Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7 then a smartphone called the HTC HD7 is a good option. In this mobile phone you will have a hub oriented interface, which will make navigation much easier. This smartphone also offers features like the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, and the GPS system. There is a combo of gyroscope and accelerometer specially for gaming. The Slacker Radio is also preloaded in this smartphone. The battery life and call quality is quite good. It consists of a 5 mega pixel camera consisting of the dual LED flash, and can capture 720p HD videos.