Thread: Symbian is losing customers

Symbian is losing customers

I am using a Blackberry phone since two months, and my associate in the office who is very close to me is using a Nokia phone. Since few days his phon we was giving some technical problems and that was very much annoying. Someone suggested him to switch to an Android or a Blackberry phone. I have heard that symbian is losing customers day by day, and people are trying to switch to the popular Androids and Blackberry. So I what is the problem with the Symbian and what is the reason behind that.

Re: Symbian is losing customers

Symbian is also known as an open source operating system, a kind of application platform which was proposed for smartphones by Nokia. Symbian has its own component for Graphical User Interface. The most latest version of Symbian is called as Symbian^3, which was officially released in 2010, and for the first time was used in N8. Whereas Android which is an operating system of Google is successful in overtaking the market leader that is Nokia’s Symbian. Gradually Android has gained popularity and is known to offer a very good smartphone platform.

C++ Programming language is used to in Symbian operating system, and was originally prepared by Symbian Ltd. Symbian^3 was intended for a platform of the smartphone for the next generation, which even had features such as 2D and 3D graphic architecture. I have read reviews in which they clearly reveal that more Android phones are sold to the retailers as compared to the Symbian. So yes Symbian is losing customers with the popularity of the Androids.

There are various reasons for Symbian Operating System is falling behind its competitors. Consumers have had many problems in Nokia’s phones. The market share of Symbian has dropped down significantly. Sources say that they have dropped to about eighty percent few years back to less than thirty percent currently. As the Android is known for its speed and agility, they are diverting to the Androids leaving the Symbians and other Windows OS mobile phones behind.

I have heard a lot of praises for the Androids phones. Android phones are very much in demand on the current market. Android has been successful in riveting onto a broad consumer audience. The first release of Android makes the Android phones even more viable. Android is well-organized Operating System in memory administration, and in case of speed it has no match. Now the world prefers the Androids and the Apple’s OS rather than the traditional Symbian.