Thread: How to set a static ip address in wifi network on windows phone 7

How to set a static ip address in wifi network on windows phone 7

I am on a lookout for some methods in order to set a static ip address for a wifi network. I was thinking about this method but was unable to do it. So I thought you all would help me In this task. So that’s why I thought it would be best to ask this from you all. Sine this windows 7 phone is new to me so I am unaware of this particular method. I even have tried asking some of my friends on how to set the static ip address but they also did not seem to have any idea regarding this problem. So if anyone of you know any methods on how to set the static ip address then do get back to me as early as possible.

Re: How to set a static ip address in wifi network on windows phone 7

On looking at your topic I decided to do some research in the internet regarding this particular subject. In which I have found that many people claim that we cannot set the static ip address in the devise. It depends on the router or the wlan settings that are there in the phone. While some people claim that in some of the windows 7 phones the features are available while in some windows 7 phones the feature is not available. While some people say that the feature is available in all the windows 7 phone. The true thing is that the feature is available in the windows 7 phone. Well what you have to do is go to the network cards options and from there you have to go the ip address select it and edit it according to your choice. So do go ahead and try these specific solutions and let me know whether it works or not.

Hey thanks for the solutions. I understood what you are trying to say. I have understood the basic core what you are trying to explain but it would be great if you could have explained me more in the details regarding this subject . since I have already specified above that I am a new windows 7 phone user and hence I am not clear with all the settings related to the phone. So it would be better if you could explain me in steps. I hope you will do the needful. Waiting for your solutions.

Yes, I can definitely help you with the solution. Well here is the step by steps details for the methods that you can try working out with your windows phone 7.
    1) In the windows mobile, first you have to go the menu option. In the menu option go to the setting s option.
    2) Under the settings option you will get many options. Under that you will have to select the network cards options.
    3) Under the network card option you will have to select the network adapter that you want.
    4) Under that you will get two option of use server assigned ip address and the other one would be the use specific address.
    5) You will have to select the use specific ip address. Once you click the use specific address, you will get the options of the ip address, subnet mask and the default gateway. So accordingly you will have to change the ip address and set the static ip address.
    So I hope you are clear with the above steps do the necessary changes and get back to me whether it works or not.

Hey thanks for the solution. Well let me tell you that I have got the appropriate solution for the particular problem and now I am able to successfully set the static ip address for my system. Thanks for the appropriate response that you have given. I was not successful in the first attempt and with the help of my friend I was able to set the proper static ip address for my mobile. So now my mobile is working perfectly well in the wifi environment. I just wanted to do some experiment with the phone, so I went ahead with the setting up of my own static ip address. Now I am very happy with the output.

sad Re: How to set a static ip address in wifi network on windows phone 7

I have the same problem and I have tried working thru this solution but under the settings option I do not have the network cards option. Can I find it somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by vijaygib View Post
    I have the same problem and I have tried working thru this solution but under the settings option I do not have the network cards option. Can I find it somewhere else?
    What kind of mobile phone are you using? And what do you mean by the network card option? Can you find out the MAC address of your Windows Phone 7 and then set up a DHCP reservation at a particular IP for that MAC address because I have done this on my home WiFi router, but it should be no problem within a company architecture.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I am using the HTC 7 Pro and the network cards option was suggested in Fox28's solution to the problem. My mobile connects to the wi-fi network but the default gateway it picks up is incorrect, so I need to set this manually using a static IP address, but there doesn't seem to be any option to access this.

Quote Originally Posted by vijaygib View Post
    I am using the HTC 7 Pro and the network cards option was suggested in Fox28's solution to the problem. My mobile connects to the wi-fi network but the default gateway it picks up is incorrect, so I need to set this manually using a static IP address, but there doesn't seem to be any option to access this.
    You can try to follow the below method suggested on HTC forums to troubleshoot wifi connectivity:

1. Ensure that Airplane Mode is disabled.
    · Press and hold the Power button.
    · A new screen should come up and you should see “Airplane mode is OFF” under the listing for Airplane Mode.

2. Ensure the Wi-Fi is turned on.
    · Home>Menu>Settings>Wireless &networks. Ensure that Wi-Fi is checked.
    · Tap Wi-Fi settings, and you should see a list of wireless networks.

3. Touch the network listing that you would like to connect to and the connection process should begin.
    · If the network requires a passcode, you will be prompted to enter the code before the connection is completed.
    · If you are connecting to a network that requires you agree to Terms & Conditions, after you connect you will need to launch the browser and complete the providers requirements.
    · If you are connecting to a Hidden Network with a non broadcasted SSID, that network will not show up under detected available networks. In order to connect to a hidden network, you will need to select “Add Wi-Fi Network” on the Wi-Fi settings page and manually enter in the settings for said network.