Thread: How to Choose the Right ROM

How to Choose the Right ROM

Hello I just rooted my motorola milestone as well as was wondering, where to obtain custom roms in English for my recently rooted cell phone? Thanks for any assist. I’m presently searching on Google to find some. After reading on different forum, I recognize that it is sometimes hard to discover the accurate instructions as there are contradictory posts / thread all over the place. If you have any quick and easy step please let me know. Your suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: How to Choose the Right ROM

One of the most excellent things regarding the openness of the Android platform is that if you are not satisfied by means of the action of the operating system, you be able to install one of several modified versions of Android (ROM) device. The disadvantage is that many developers and many more Android devices out there that the custom scene ROM can be very difficult to navigate. However you can download below three launchers.1) LauncherPro 2) MilestoneOverclock 3)SetCPU.

I will add to the answer given above:
    • MIUI – It is a custom ROM as of from China that adds a number of interesting ability, similar to hardware acceleration, and so on.
    • Nandroid – It is a set of tools that permit you to back up the entire NAND flash with the intention that you be able to restore the cell phone if somewhat goes incorrect. Suggested if you are testing through custom ROMs
    • Nightly - A lot of people construct custom ROMs each night by means of the most recent source code from the Android storehouse as well as other sources. Nightly builds are used by public who desire to stay at the total bleeding edge and do not mind infrequently breaking their system.
    Hope that helps.

ROMs That Focus Only on Speed and Stability:
    Some OpenDesire ROM as the desire, baked snack in the Evo or the Droid Bugless Beast, are less focused on the improvement of operating system features and concentrate on putting more speed, stability, and battery life your cell phone as possible. So if you have their roots mainly for this reason (or because I wanted to add larger, application features, such as placement of cable), then this type of ROM is for you. Every now and then it be able to stay a little behind in terms of adding latest features, however are usually the fastest as well as most steady around. Frequently, they as well eliminate many producer place the weather on their cell phone, for example applications or else user interfaces (for example HTC and Motorola MOTOBLUR sense).

If you like, you be able to open up ROM administrator at this moment as well as press "Download ROM" to make out which ROMs are accessible through the application. These are generally the most fashionable, and are excellent guidelines as to which ones you are supposed to read up on. Click on some of the links at TheUnlockr's database furthermore observe if you be able to figure out which group it belongs to. Unluckily the majority ROMs are not going to come out as well as noticeably make out as fitting into one of the group.