Thread: Cheapest android 2.2 phone

Cheapest android 2.2 phone

Cheapest android 2.2 phone? Well i want specifically android 2.2 or later as i have heard about 2.1 not supporting streaming videos from video sites like youtube and facebook applications dont work too. Can anyone suggest me a cheap android phone which has 2.2 android? Or may be 2.1 but should be upgradable to 2.2. Please reply. I just cant wait to get my hands on my first android phone. Android seems to be very promising in today's market.

Re: Cheapest android 2.2 phone

Looks like you want a Samsung Galacy 5. The cheapest android phone so far is Micromax a60 at just Rs.6800/- but sadly micromax said it wont support 2.2. Well there are modders and hackers trying to figure out a way but it is not yet confirmed. So the cheapest phone so far is Galaxy 5 from Samsung at Rs11000/- There might be other phones too but i'm not aware of any cheaper then this. Hope this helps! Well in india it is not difficult to find a cheap phone, but if there are criteria to be matched, you may be in a bit of trouble.

You can go with Zte Racer or Samsung Galaxy 5. Both are in the same price range and both are upgradable to froyo. Also try the huawei phones if you try the brand. Well its an old brand with quality phones but in india those phones have never worked. The model is Huawei U8150 Ida. A nice phone but the processor is a but slower then galaxy and a60 from micromax. Micromax and Samsung galaxy has a 600 Mhz processor while Huawei has 530Mhz processor. Choose wisely.

Why dont you try some real touchscreen brands like HTC or may be Dell. Well as a cheap phone Dell XCD28 would be a better choice. The XCD28 will cost you something around Rs.9000 and the same is for Huawei Ideos. Its a nice phone too. Huawei Ideos is reported to work with 2.3 Gingerbread too. Thats a cheap phone which can be really upgraded. Also Micromax is a nice catch for starters at Rs.6700/- But the only drawback is that it can't be upgraded to 2.2 as of yet. The company denied it but the modders wont loose hope...

The top 3 Cheap and Upgradable android phones are :
    • Samsung Galaxy 5
    • Huawei Ideos
    • Dell XCD28

There are many more phones but these are the top most which i would recommend...