Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2011

Does GSM iPhone is there during the contract time between Apple and Verizon

It?s just a query which Came to my mind when I was analysis a book about The Verizon next iPhone which is shortly and from my understanding Verizon would have to sign an agreement with Apple since AT&T contract is completed, And as I am know Verizon does CDMA not GSM different the present iPhone carrier (AT&T). So does this mean all the upcoming iPhone releases (for example iPhone 5 and 6) for the period of the contract time between Verizon and Apple would be just CDMA iPhone not GSM until the agreement is completed? And if the respond is yes there will be a GSM iPhone even for the period of the agreement time with Verizon then what is the require of a agreement ? Why doesn?t Apple only make the iPhone obtainable to all of the carries in the state?
Old 07-02-2011

Re: Does GSM iPhone is there during the contract time between Apple and Verizon

There are lots of dissimilar editions of CDMA utilized around the world that I think that the Verizon product of CDMA will be the just one which Apple tries to market. And I think it is extra probable to be a LTE phone and be marketed to shove the novel network if you ask me. Both GSM and CDMA networks should all be cranium for LTE anyhow. In the US Verizon is rolling out LTE and in Canada the two latest players Wind and Mobile city have rolled it out. For Apple assembly the iPhone 5 a LTE phone would build much sense as they can outing the LTE improve wave across North America.
Old 07-02-2011

What do you mean by "lots of dissimilar editions of CDMA"? To the extent that commercially significant deployments there are actually just 1xRTT which is for voice and EV-DO rev. A (for data), and a pair bands (860, 1900) (and slightly in the 1800 band that Apple possibly won't support). It is positively not additional scattered than all the GSM/ HSPA bands and amendments the present iPhone supports.
Old 07-02-2011

Why does Apple have an elite agreement with AT&T in the States, and the unique poster of this thread is discussing about a Verizon agreement while the AT&T one expires, but each GSM carrier carries it in Canada at present? Why does Apple require to have agreements with precise carriers over others in the states, but apparently everybody in Canada is carrying the phone? (Once more, not factually everybody as people will preoccupy on the language, but the giant national carriers) Why can't Apple just allow the agreement expire, and after that not sign an agreement with one carrier over the others and do what they do here and only sell it via anything carrier wishes to take it? And once more, yes I know that Apple would have agreements with carriers in Canada, but they don't have elite agreements with one carrier in general the others.
Old 07-02-2011

Just search on the google and check the variety of CDMA technologies and frequencies utilized universal. Normally there are just four GSM bands and four WCDMA bands. A solitary phone, the iPhone, has each of those bands in single device. There are as a minimum six dissimilar CDMA technologies in exercise in different countries. There are as a minimum eleven bands utilized by different operators around the globe. Do you think that single device could have the ability to operate on all those bands in CDMA plus GSM so that there would be just one edition of the iPhone?

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,