Thread: Does meego has any support for Nokia n8

Does meego has any support for Nokia n8

I am using a Nokia N8 mobile phone and was wondering whether this phone will support Meego operating system or not? Since Nokia N900 supports both meego and maemo so can we also dual boot with this OS in Nokia N8? Will there be any problems if we install dual boot operating system in our phones? Can we revert back to original OS and uninstall any dual boot OS from our device? Thanks for any information in advance.

Re: Does meego has any support for Nokia n8

Well, I guess that there could be many months gap between the Nokia N8 and the first Meego based phone, so when it will be available then only we can come to conclusion whether it will work or not. Usually all the new phones launching in the market are always subject to get a new operating software and it depends on you if you want to install it in your phone or not. I have read many news on the N8 phone and I am suspecting that there is a 99% chance that this new OS would work on the same phone.

Re: Does meego has any support for Nokia n8

I read from somewhere that Nokia has said that the N8 is the last version of N series mobile phone with Symbian operating system. I think that Meego will be a great new platform with a good potential but it might take a year or 2 to come by. Also, all the apps which are available for the Symbian device will take some time to be available on Meego. If it takes one year then it will be good to go with N8 or otherwise there is no use.

I dont think that Nokia N8 will get Meego because of software restriction. Symbian and Meego both are different operating systems and you can expect Symbian ^3 to be continued into a bigger and better things. The system spec is more than enough to run meego and it only needs an update via OVI suite to change the kernels and boot process, but still it is only time that will tell if this can be possible.