Thread: Is there any Size or shape differences between Verizon and AT&T iPhone

Is there any Size or shape differences between Verizon and AT&T iPhone

I realize the antenna was customized on the Verizon iPhone. I wish to begin shopping around for phone cases and home docks. My preparation is on picking up my Verizon iPhone on start on day. Is there any dissimilarity in the size or shape of the two phones? Is there dissimilarity between a band and a frequency? Verizon Wireless and AT&T both scuttle at the similar frequencies, 850 and 1900, and I don't realize what would require optimizing while designing a phone for CDMA and designing a phone for WCDMA. If you have an instant to clarify that slightly, few of us would welcome it, I am certain. If anybody has any links to case, reviews it would be deeply respected.

Re: Is there any Size or shape differences between Verizon and AT&T iPhone

The just photos which I have noticed thus far, photos which claim to be the precise phone being sold by Verizon, appear to illustrate the similar antenna bands, but a lack of a SIM port (analytic of a lack of LTE on the original Verizon iPhone). I cannot bear out to the unconditional dependability of the photos, but that is what I have seen and that is what they assumed the photos were.

This is in fact quite routine while getting cases for the similar phone from dissimilar carriers. Extremely often there are slight dissimilarities and you have to purchase the case intended for a phone of your personal carrier. In the case of the VZW iPhone4 (no pun future), because of Apple fixing the antenna problems, the three buttons on the left side had to be very faintly offset from the AT&T iPhone4. An AT&T case might effort, but won't line up with those keys in addition to a precise VZW iPhone case would (while obtainable).

A certain band is identical with a certain frequency series. It is factual that both the VZW and the AT&T iPhone 4 work in the CLR band, as well known as band V, and the PCS band, as well known as band II. On the other hand, the AT&T iPhone 4 as well functions in three extra bands. Because the AT&T phone ropes a sum of 5 cellular bands, the antenna had to be intended to accommodate all 5 bands, therefore needing additional of a design cooperation. The VZW iPhone just supports 2 bands, thus the designers were able to optimize the antenna for those two bands, eliminating the cooperation’s compulsory by supporting the 3 extra bands on the AT&T iPhone. Hypothetically, the antenna on the VZW iPhone should have somewhat improved performance than the one on the AT&T iPhone, but not because it was set, but since it was optimized for a separation of the bands essential to support on the AT&T iPhone.

In a nutshell, fewer bands interpret into less design cooperation’s and therefore somewhat better performance. If the AT&T iPhone was not intended as a world phone and just function in the similar two bands as the VZW iPhone, after that the similar optimizations could have been completed, resulting in the similar design (and similar performance) as the VZW iPhone. In all actuality, I think the genuine world performance of the VZW iPhone antenna is just 1 or 2 dB improved than the AT&T iPhone antenna, in other words, you don't mislay much by compromising and sustaining the 3 extra bands.