Thread: How to remove MacBook Air bottom plate?

How to remove MacBook Air bottom plate?

I am stuck at the moment with this issue here and I just want to get the bottom plate of the MacBook Air opened. I am looking for the link that can fetch me the correct suite of the Screwdrivers so that I can have this done in a much comprehensive manner. Actually I have seen that the Fan at the bottom of the notebook is really making a lot of noise and hence thought that it will be great to have some of the cleaning there and see if the issue can be minimized to some extent. Can you all please help me in this situation of mine? Any help in the matter will be appreciated.

Re: How to remove MacBook Air bottom plate?

You can get the Screwdriver from the local store and if you really want to have the better suite then it will be better if you can go with the laptop of yours to the store and see if that can really help you in any manner. In case of the laptops from Apple there is a special type of Screwdriver that you will be required to use here. You will have to use a special type of 5-point screws called as Torx. You can definitely find the same from the Hardware stores and if you do not then you can see for the same in the Buy Sell Computer Hardware section of this forum.

Is not the notebook of yours under the warranty. If it is then it will be better if you can just have it in the service center and see if they can make some cleaning on it. As the case is that however you are thinking that it is just the dust particle that is disturbing you there but once you damage the head of the screw then there are chances that the warranty of the laptop may get void. So it will be better if you do not go with this if the laptop is under warranty. I am sure that if there is really some minor issue then you will have the notebook returned within half or one hour and not more than that.

You want to get the fan on the laptop replaced then it will be better if you can just follow the steps and see it getting happened. First of disconnect the power cord and then using the Torx screwdriver unscrew the bottom plate and then remove the battery. Unscrew all the screws that you will find there. Now just get the electrical connector for the fan disconnected. Now remove the fan very carefully so that you do not disturb the arrangement of the wires there. You will have to first unscrew all the screws that are there on the Fans. Now just place the new fan if the older fan is really problematic and if not then you can dust off the older fan and can place it in the reverse order there. Hope that you will have the job done without any issues there. Be sure that the laptop is not under the warranty or else the warranty might get void.

If you are not at all able to have the screw driver in your case then it will be better if you can just get it purchased from the eBay and not that then you can have the same purchased from iFixit there. I really think that it will be better if you can have the iFixit link in your case. I think that you can get the perfect Torx screwdriver from there and will really help you in getting the bottom plate of the MacBook Air removed. There are no such big issues with the product from eBay. The issue is that if you end up in purchasing the wrong item then it will take days to get it replaced.

It will better if you can take the laptop of yours to the Apple Care Center. As though the thing is that you just need to get the fan of the laptop cleaned but it will be still better that you go there. Also if the laptop is under the warranty then it is wise to go there only. They are the best when it comes to their product. I am sure that you will not end up in doing the things on your own. Let me get notified about yours steps in this respect.