Thread: Android Phones with Front Camera

Android Phones with Front Camera

Hello, I want to buy a smart phone and i decided to go with Android phones. But now i', confused as i dont find a lot of Android Phones with Front Camera. Can anyone suggest me which android phone cames with one? I want the front camera so that i can use video calling. I hope this wouldn't be too much of trouble. Help a Noob! I want it as soon as possible. Also i would like the most cheapest android phone with front camera. Thanks in advance.

Re: Android Phones with Front Camera

As far as i know only Motorola has android phones with front camera.
    • Motorola Charm
    • Motorola Milestone
    • Motorola Flipout

No idea about any other brand. I use milestone. I think if there are a front camera phone with full touch i will buy it too. I dont use the keyboard and its just increasing the weight and feels more bulky...

There are very few phones as of now on android platform which has front camera. Few of them are :
    • Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro
    • HTC Desire Z
    • GeekPhone One

I eliminated the motorola as its already mentioned above. Also i guess there are new phones coming out soon. Also the video calling is a big flop and someone hardly uses it. Its not all that impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox28 View Post
    Also the video calling is a big flop and someone hardly uses it. Its not all that impressive.
    I would not say that unless i knew something else. Google's messenger Gtalk and yahoo messenger for android and many other messengers like fring and skype offer their software for android support. Also there offer free video calling which is through internet. If you can get free video calls then why do you need video calls which have to be paid. Also there are no networks in mumbai as of now except mtnl which provides video calling. So that might be considered. As 3G has just entered in this place with only MTNL and reliance providing 3G internet, video calling is yet to come.

People around the globe are using 4G and probably working in the 5G technology and here in india there is no proper 3G as of yet. But the video calling is not a failure in my opinion. If video calling is used globally it would be more fun. Well video calling is not a flop and never will be one. Everyone wants to see their loved ones and thats what makes us human isn't it? Well from camera on android phones are not available on each phones, only some models as already mentioned. But then we all can wait for while, atleast till the video calling is properly launched in india. Then there will be lot of people demanding this feature and brands will surely come up with many such phones. So till then, wait and watch...