Thread: Which to chose from Samsung Intercept or Android phone from Verizon

Which to chose from Samsung Intercept or Android phone from Verizon

So I am looking to buy my first smartphone. I have lessened down my choices to 2 alternatives, the Samsung Intercept on Virgin Mobile's unlimited Talk plan, or an Android phone from Verizon, possibly the HTC Droid Incredible. The issue is there is in truth quite a gap in price and working between these choices. The Beyond Talk choice will cost me $25 a month, while even the most fundamental choice from Verizon, which would still match my requirements, is $70. To make things more complex, the Incredible has the benefit in terms of hardware cost, as I can get it for a cent on AmazonWireless. The Intercept is tempting because of its cost, but I also come across the high end working of the Incredible enticing; I am the kind of individual who likes to toy, for that reason I was longing for an Android phone in the first place. It comes down to this: is the additional functionality and smoothness of the Incredible worth it? This board looks really sparkling, so is anybody willing to help a me out?

Re: Which to chose from Samsung Intercept or Android phone from Verizon

Hi. Well I am not fond of the Intercept and in addition to that I hate Virgin Mobile. My recommendation is that it would be better to get yourself a Simple Mobile . You can utilize any unlocked GSM phone. That way you can get enhanced phones . You can purchase a used Android like HD2 Hd7 on Craigslist. You can also search if you can . And simple mobile does not require any contract and all that thing .

I really appreciate your feedback on the Intercept. It seems like I will be taking your recommendation here because the sale on android hardware ends in a small of time . I will do a bit of Mobilehousing as well , Simple Mobile appears to have a little real strangeness going on with their restrictions on data with their unlimited plan ($60/month) . This can really be a deal breaker, can anyone explain the situation? Also, if anybody has knowledge with the Droid Incredible, I would still actually like to hear about it .Could you let know about which Simple Mobile plan you are currently deployed and regarding how much data you use per month? Also, do you have any specific explanation why you hate Virgin Mobile?

Frankly, I dont not believe the $10 per month savings with uncomplicated Mobile is worth the risk of that unverified data cap as well as obtaining a used phone or a unused one without a plan. I am not going to search for any additional into that option. However, it tends out I am not under the time stress I considered I was, since Newegg is presenting the Incredible on the similar terms and for the same price Unless there's some big feature that is not there here, I am going to follow the above post’s recommendation and take benefit of Virgin Mobile's 30 day assurance. I will come back to this thread to post my views of the device and service once I have them, in case anybody is facing a similar problem.

A smaller annoyance I have found that looks impossible is that the phone's notice drag-down menu will at random stop working, even when selected from the menu. A reboot takes it back, but I am concerned because I have already seen this issue not one but two times . This looks to be a issue with Android in common rather than the phone although. Outside of these two problems, I have no grievances. The phone functions everything I want it to and more.

One concluding update now that I have had the phone for a few days. Unfortunately, I've found a pretty major problem with its functionality; users of Windows 7 64-bit be warned: this phone's usb drivers are terrible. It worked perfectly the first time I connected it to my computer, but every time since my system has been unsuccessful to identify it so I am not able to transfer files among them. An SD card reader cracks this, but it is a big irritation, so if anybody is aware how to crack this issue , please let me know.