Thread: Using Nokia Nuron 5230 as modem

Using Nokia Nuron 5230 as modem

Hi all, I am having the Nokia Nuron 5230. It’s a very nice phone to use. Now I am not having the internet connection to my computer and that is the reason that I want to make use of my phone as the modem for my computer. My problem is that I do not know that how can I do that. I am having the GPRS activated on my phone and that is working great on my phone. So if you know that how can I use my Nokia Nuron 5230 as modem for the computer jthen please let me know about that? I will b really thankful to all the replies.

Re: Using Nokia Nuron 5230 as modem

I also have nokia 5230 by means of mobilicity. i am not having any difficulty to connect the laptop with the help of data cable and I can obtain internet on laptop as of mobilicity network. It is extremely uncomplicated. What you have to accomplish is to download Nokia pc suite and which is intended for syn as well as management. Nokia pc suite is easier to set up. After downloading it you will have to connect that to the computer with the help of data cable. After connecting that you will have to click on the option that says “Connect to internet” and this will connect your computer to the internet making the mobile phone as modem. After that it will show you that it is verifying the username and the password. Once it shows you the green right mark then it will indicate that you are connected to the internet. Now don’t close this interface, just minimize that and open the new browser window. Now try to open any site and see if that is able to get opened or not. I hope that you will be able to open that very easily.

There are total three ways by which you will be able to connect your phone as the modem for your computer. And here are those three ways.
    • Bluetooth
    • USB Cable
    • Use your phone as a wifi access point for wifi enabled pc.

I am making use of the USB cable and the cable is CA-101d with the PC suite installed in my computer. I have connected the mobile to the computer in PC suite mode and it gets connected without any problem. All you have to do is to download and install the PC suit for your phone and install that.

Connecting the phone to the computer with the help of the PC suit to use it as the modem is the most basic way and this will also be successful for you but if you do not want to make use of the Nokia PC suit for any reason and still want to use the phone as the modem for your phone then you can simply download the cable driver for the data cable that you are using. So click here and this will let you to the page from where you will be able to download the driver. Install that to your computer and see if that that is able to help you to use the phone as the modem. Before installing that, you should make sure that you have uninstalled all the software that is related to the Nokia. You can do that from the control panel.

OK, there are total two ways by which you will be able to connect your phone to the internet with the help of your phone as the modem. The two ways are bluetooth and USB cable as it is already mentioned earlier post. I would like to tell you that for nokia nuron 5230 you require to contain data connection for the reason that this phone be deficient in wifi and to make use of it like a modem assuming you contain data connection I favor bluetooth although it is sluggish. All you have to accomplish is press call (green) button for around 3 seconds and when speak now dialog comes says bluetooth and yes. Now the bluetooth have been activated. You might require setting up your computer as well as your phone initially. Then go to your computer and click the control panel, devices and printers it might get a while to load. After it is loaded, double click on your phone, perhaps be nokia 5230 or the specified name and click on connect button within which it say use your phone to connect the internet. But keep in mind you require data connection since nokia 5230 lacks wifi.