Thread: What changes in Android needs to be done to make it as good as IOS ?

What changes in Android needs to be done to make it as good as IOS ?

I was very curious about a topic what do you people reckon Android and phone manufacturers have to do to compete the smoothness and feel of IOS. I just lately switched to the Droid X , prior to this I was having iphone 4 of Apple. The Droid X is a very attractive device with remarkable features but a few things put me in some kind of doubts . The phone lags in so much times and some types of functionalities like scrolling, typing, pinch to zoom. There is no such issue such as it is regarding the processor , because the processor is very fast and neither there is any such issue such as less memory , well I am not convinced with this Android operating system , what according to you will make it better or what modifications can be done to make it work as smooth as IOS , please give your valuable suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Re: What changes in Android needs to be done to make it as good as IOS ?

Well that was a very nice question raised by you because this question was bothering me as well , it also skips audio/music regularly and things do not seem to be optimized. I know there are a bit of issues in the linux kernel it is totally based on with I/O and resource scheduling, but I also consider less about it and there is a very little attention over this topic , but if you asking about the change I think it needs a lot of optimization because each device has dissimilar kind of chips in them rather than a sole design and only one set of drivers to work on . I hope you got my point and my post was at least some help for you.

Well as far as the changes are considered there are a few changes can be done and that may include Speed and fluidity. Just undertake one task , try to open up a full webpage like CNN or related webpage on an iPhone 4 and on the Android operating system as well . Once the loading is done in each d, pinch in/out rapidly and just notice the difference. The iPhone will work much more smoother no matter how fast you pinch, where the Android will falter after a second or two. I had saw a video few days ago of the Gingerbread on Gizmodo in which it had showed Android responding much more quicker than the iPhone operating system does. That is what actually required in the Android as well . I think my post was bit of help for you , please post back your ideas on it.

Well as far as the changes are considered there are a few changes can be done and that may include Speed and fluidity. Just undertake one task , try to open up a full webpage like CNN or related webpage on an iPhone 4 and on the Android operating system as well . Once the loading is done in each d, pinch in/out rapidly and just notice the difference. The iPhone will work much more smoother no matter how fast you pinch, where the Android will falter after a second or two. I had saw a video few days ago of the Gingerbread on Gizmodo in which it had showed Android responding much more quicker than the iPhone operating system does. That is what actually required in the Android as well .

In fact as it was said in the aboce post I just loaded up cnn's website on my GalaxyS my galaxy device , and it didn't came up with that much issue this problem. Perhaps this is happening because the Hummingbird in my device is almost the same to the A4 in the iPhone4, so performance is almost identical . I know that the iPhone Safari manages webpage zooming much more in a different way than Android's Chrome.While I have the same opinion that fluidity is Android's major issue, I believe people make false overviews about the Operating system as a whole based on bad experiences with substandard (ie 1st and 2nd Gen) hardware. Like saying Windows 7 does not perform well because it performs badly on Acer machines with 256MB RAM. I hoe you got my opinion.

In my view I think Android requires to have the ability to let the user select which applications have the capability to be able to connect the background data - I just love that I am able to turn off and on at my will and all applications from having access to gather data in the background. ) I think this is this measure will atleast take battery life from terrible to tolerable!There is one more think I like that is the popup window notification that iOs has - that small little status bar at the peak of the screen is not of that much use for me but still I tolerate it, but I'd like to see some sort of changes in it .I tried to register in to in fact request these features on the android site or whatever, but couldn't get logged in - if anybody has the access please you can do on behalf , I am not much interested in taking the credit .