Thread: How to delete an outlook account from the windows mobile

How to delete an outlook account from the windows mobile

My sister recently brought a htc hd2 phone for herself. Well she has got a lot of work revolving around the mails and other stuff. Recently she came across the outlook program that is used to check the mails in the laptop itself. So she installed that program in the laptop and soon after that she began checking all the mails from the outlook itself. She quite liked that feature after that she did not know where did all the emails are being received? She also needed to know how to delete the outlook account from the laptop. So she asked me. Since I did not have any knowledge regarding this subject so i thought I would ask this from you all, thinking that I will be able to get the desired solution here. So do reply to my queries as early as possible.

Re: How to delete an outlook account from the windows mobile

The solution for the pocket pc is quite simple. What you will have to do is
    1) Firstly you will have to go the messaging option. In the messaging option go to the menu.
    2) In the menu option go to the tools option, from there select options and then the accounts tab.
    3) When the accounts tab is displayed go and select the account that you want to delete.
    4) Tap the account and then select the option to delete.
    I hope you have got the appropriate solution. Do let me know if it works or not.

Ok, I am also one of the user who is having the same problem. Well I don’t have the pocket pc for which you have suggested the solution above. I have a smart phone so I want you to suggest some solutions for the smart phone because I have noticed that the same solution does not work for the smart phones. so suggest me some other alternative steps from which I can delete the outlook account. So if you have any methods then do share it with me. Waiting for your response.

You have done the right thing by asking your queries here. Well the possible solution I am explaining you in the steps given below do follow them and let me know if that works or not
    1) Firstly you have to go to the activesync option in the smart phone of yours and then click on menu.
    2) After that you will get the option select an account. After you have selected the account go again to the menu and from there go to the option of delete.
    So do try with the above solutions and let me know if it works or not.

OK, thanks for the help, i did try with the above method but it has not helped me in my case. Since i have a nokia e series phone, i don't know if there are some other settings to delete the account in the Microsoft outlook program. I am trying to look for some solutions in the internet and will see if that works or not in my phone. However thanks for the suggestion that you have given. i will try with that step again and see if it works or not. Anyways thanks for the efforts that you have put in to solve my issue.